All reviews other guests english speaking direct access a great stay five star hotel perfect location roaring fire an upgrade the hotel offers the main shopping street cable car spa antlers mountains skiing town luxury
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We have not stayed or eaten here but have enjoyed some evenings in the bar area. The staff are very attentive but discrete. There is a champagne garden to the front and lots of deep comfortable sofas throughout the bar. On arrival you are also brought a small tray of appetisers which is a nice touch. Not the cheapest place to go but worth the effort.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Claudio C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Simon
Thank you for recently being a guest of our historical lounge bar where many gather to have some relax in a cozy atmosphere
I will share your compliments with the bar staff that will certainly appreciate your kind words
Waiting to again be your host maybe for a longer stay I remain
Yours Faithfully
Claudio Coriasco GM

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon (after this we moved on to chamonix too enjoy more skiing there).

The service was excellent and staff very helpful! I also want to point out the vegan friendly breakfast! I was very surprised when I had several plant milks to choose from, about 12 different marmalades, fruit salad and nice pieces of melon and pineapple.

Some things to improve to next time:
- we had emailed before and stated that this was our honeymoon, it would have been nice with a little flower or a note or something to make it more special
- complementary water on the arrival should be mandatory at a 5 star hotel
- English labels on the many bottles in the bathroom would have made life easier for us non French speaking people
- need more hooks on the walls to hang jackets, ski clothes and bathrobes
- we ate a very nice dinner in the hotel at Petit Royal, we took the 4 course menu (I got a nice vegan version) and wine package. The food itself was nice, but we only got 3 glasses of wine. It should be 4 if it's together with a 4 course menu.

Dear Cecilia
Thank you for choosing Grand Hotel Royal e Golf on your honeymoon and for your positive review, Thank you especially for the compliments you expressed about the buffet breakfast on which we get a lot of positive comments from all our guests!
I took note of your constructive remarks and will take action to rectify the points you mention very soon.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon
With kind regards
Claudio Coriasco GM

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Stayed here for 5 days during the ski season. The hotel is very nice from the outside. Tale of stories though, Down stairs is modern and luxurious. The bar area is delightful and we had something to eat/drink there during our stay.

The rooms are another matter. Our room was huge and I mean huge. However it was very very dated and felt a bit unloved which really let it down.

We found some of the staff a little dismissive and we struggled with the ski transfer pick up on several occasions. You have to call once your at the ski lift at the end of the day to be collected, (its too far to walk) and one time the ski shop owner ended up dropping us to the hotel as they didnt turn up and he felt sorry for us sitting waiting.

Having said that we had a lovely holiday, Im not sure we would return.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank CardiffBayTraveller
Claudio C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Grand Hotel Royal e Golf and for your review
I took note of your critics and will soon take action to rectify were it possible. Nonetheless I would point out that we have a continuous shuttle service to and from the lifts and a driver is always available for our clients. This being sad it may sometimes happen that due to the high season affluence waiting times may get a bit longer. I also want to remind you that there is one cableway only a few minutes away from the hotel within a walking distance that can be taken to reach the same slopes.
I do look forward to welcoming you again in a near future where it will be my pleasure to show you the many scheduled improvements
Kind regards Claudio Coriasco GM

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Very odd name for a hotel but I’m guessing that like most ski resorts, Courmayeur turns into a golfing resort in the summer.
We went here a couple of times for drinks in the evening. The bar is a huge square room with a small bar at one end. No focal point like a roaring fire and uninspired décor. I did look up at one point a noticed the ceiling covered with cream ceiling tiles that reminded me of a small town community centre.
The service and drinks are as you should expect of a 5* hotel so nothing remarkable there. Save your money!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H
Claudio C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Dear Mr Robert
Thank you for being our guest and for your review. I took note of your remarks and I confirm you that soon we will take action to rectify.
Nonetheless the ceiling you noticed maybe in a peculiar way and light is the work of a famous italian architech and it's always complicated to judge the opera of an artist.
I hope to see you again in the future to see the changes that will be made shortly.
Best regards Claudio Coriasco GM

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Took my partner here for his birthday for a weekends skiing. Impressive looking hotel on the outside but that's where it ended. The service wouldn't even be awarded a first star and the rooms were very tired with blocked plugs in the bathroom, no complimentary water, etc.
I would never recommend this hotel

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Jameson64
Claudio C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Dear Mr Jameson,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in our hotel, and it is a pity you did not share this with us during our stay to allow us to try and make your stay more enjoyable and only mentioned this at check out without specifying the reasons for your dissatisfaction, I would therefore be grateful for further information so that we can address any challenge you encountered.
I apologise for the blocked plug in the bathroom which could have been easily remedied, as would be the case for the complimentary water.
I would like to point out we did provide you with a complimentary late check out on your departure day.
I would welcome the opportunity to have a conversation with you and hope to welcome you again soon at the Grand Hotel Royal & Golf in Courmayeur.

Kind regards