1,018 results
All reviews chef de village ski school ski instructor mini buses great holiday oysters reception manager seafood night travel agent mountain restaurant evening entertainment bad smell skiing experience ski hire off piste great snow turin airport
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We have 3 kids (14, 10, 5) and we had a great ski holiday at Club Med Cervinia. Cervinia has many blue runs and is very suitable for beginners.

Pros:
1. Well organised Ski Program for adults and children
2. Good ski equipment for rental
3. Mini Club for children
4. Very friendly and good bar service (drinks from hot chocolate to margarita all day)
5. Flow of food (tea, canapes) after 4pm very welcoming after a day of skiing
6. Well stocked boutique with reasonable prices if you need any ski stuff.

However, Club Med could make it so much better. Areas for improvement:
1. DO NOT arrive early (before 2pm). We arrived early (11am) and the reception area was chaotic. There was no one to help with lugguage or welcome service to speak of. We were even told by one of the reception staff that we need to pay additional 30 euro per person just to "hang around" in the resort before 2pm. She retracted the statement later but that was not a good start to the holdiay!

2. Need to walk 5-10 minutes on icy and slippery roads and climb flights of steps (carrying your skis) between club med bus parking area and the ski lifts.

3. Although we were at the more expensive new wing, it is not really a 4 star room - basic amenities only. Bed was soft and creaky. No temperature control - heater has a few positions. Only English TV channel is CNN. No DVD player

4. Food - almost no menu changes during the week for breakfast and lunch. About the same everyday. The lunch service at Point Maison (in the mountain) is below average.

5. No library books, newspapers or board games in English.

6. Swimming pool water is cold. Club Med should not charge for use of sauna. Internet access (in reception area only) is very expensive

8  Thank anne332
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We just returned from a week over Christmas in Cervinia and had a fabulous holiday. Club Med always meets up to our expectations from the minute we arrive. The Staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The kids joined their ski groups in the Junior Colts and we did ours. They made loads of friends as did we as well as improving our skiing as the instructors were great. Loads of snow and great skiing. We hardly saw our kids and even ate alone a couple of evenings as they were with friends. The rooms are of a good standard, clean towels and fresh bottled water every day. We found the beds really comfy. They had some lovely touches, providing us with a huge Christmas hamper on Xmas day full of Italian treats and a bottle of Prosecco. Plenty of excellent food including Lobster, Oysters and the best fillet steak I have ever had. Many different nationalities and a great opportunity to mingle with them. If you are shy and retiring and want a quiet holiday then this is not for you. We did not do Club Med last year and really regret it!! Great shop with most necessities if you have forgotten anything ie batteries etc.
Had a great masssage in the spa. The pool was huge but you have to wear a swimming cap!
It is a very high altitude resort and I got a bit of altitude sickness - advised to take anadin for a week before to thin the blood. We all loved the holiday and would go again.

Reviewed 25 December 2010

I' writing this 4 days after our return from probably the single best skiing holiday we ever had. This was the first time that we took the girls (age 3 and 5) to a holiday were we wouldn't always be around them. So naturally we were a little concerned about that but it all worked out beautifully. The staff in the miniclub and petit club (the under 4's) were brilliant. Our eldest picked up the basics of skiing in no time, and the youngest had all the fun in the world with the indoor swimming pool, the outdoor snowgames etc... Special thanks to Seline and Frederic. To be honest, at the time of our stay it was not yet high season, so the amount of personalised attention might be a little less when the place really fills up.
The manager must have identical twin brothers because he is everywhere. The food in the restaurant on the slopes is more than adequate, and in the club restaurant it's as good as any buffet cuisine in a classy hotel. Good quality, nice variation, no 'reprocessing of last day's leftovers' as I have seen in some other places. In good french tradition it only starts at 19:30 which is a bit on the late side if you want to take your young children with you. But between the 16:00 hr 'gouter' and the apres ski snacks we were quite able to fill their stomachs so we could put them to bed at their usual 19:00 hrs bedtime and actually enjoy the evening dinner as adults.
The skiing: breuil-cervinia is well above the tree-line which has it's pro's and con's. For myself (level 3) and my wife (lvl 2) it is perfect. It has enormously long blue and light-red slopes, perfect to work on your technique. My instructor Stelvio did a fantastic job. I really feel that I made some real progress here. I guess I have to say something negative now. The ski rental service is a bit expensive and the guys there don't really seem to grasp the general customer friendliness atmosphere. The rooms were certainly large enough ( we had two communicating rooms in the cristallino), but the beds were on the hard side. My wife just read this and doesn't agree with the comment on the bed. Oh well...

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Everything was very good as usual.
We had a de luxe room which was very spacious. Loads of storage. Plenty of places to dry damp clothes. Towels were replaced frequently. The staff are very friendly.

One problem (and it was the same last year) is the number of people with sickness and diarrhoea. This was probably not helped by a member of staff at the entrance to the dining room who shook hands with everyone as they arrived......a sure way to spread stomach upsets!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank holidayer_9
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I dont think you can do skiing cheaper than this. Everything included, food, skis, lessons, drink, etc. I dont know how they make money! And then in a resort with loads of snow, linked in to the Zermatt slopes. Brilliant.

I thought the staff were always very friendly and positive, which I suppose could be viewed as a little wearing when being greeted on the stairs to breakfast at 0830 in the morning! However all was organised v slickly which made our life so much easier

The place was full of families from all round the world. This made getting a place to sit in the lounge before/after supper a challenge. Its almost like "towels on the sunbeds" but we avoided that later in the week by catching a drink in the room, or by going down to town for a beer. They do need more chairs or a "quiet-er" zone for the oldies like me.

Town is v quiet. Livened up on the weekend but I dont dont think I would have selected Cervinia on the basis of the apres ski.

Great place!