1,018 results
All reviews chef de village ski school ski instructor mini buses great holiday oysters reception manager seafood night travel agent mountain restaurant evening entertainment bad smell skiing experience ski hire off piste great snow turin airport
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I' writing this 4 days after our return from probably the single best skiing holiday we ever had. This was the first time that we took the girls (age 3 and 5) to a holiday were we wouldn't always be around them. So naturally we were a little concerned about that but it all worked out beautifully. The staff in the miniclub and petit club (the under 4's) were brilliant. Our eldest picked up the basics of skiing in no time, and the youngest had all the fun in the world with the indoor swimming pool, the outdoor snowgames etc... Special thanks to Seline and Frederic. To be honest, at the time of our stay it was not yet high season, so the amount of personalised attention might be a little less when the place really fills up.
The manager must have identical twin brothers because he is everywhere. The food in the restaurant on the slopes is more than adequate, and in the club restaurant it's as good as any buffet cuisine in a classy hotel. Good quality, nice variation, no 'reprocessing of last day's leftovers' as I have seen in some other places. In good french tradition it only starts at 19:30 which is a bit on the late side if you want to take your young children with you. But between the 16:00 hr 'gouter' and the apres ski snacks we were quite able to fill their stomachs so we could put them to bed at their usual 19:00 hrs bedtime and actually enjoy the evening dinner as adults.
The skiing: breuil-cervinia is well above the tree-line which has it's pro's and con's. For myself (level 3) and my wife (lvl 2) it is perfect. It has enormously long blue and light-red slopes, perfect to work on your technique. My instructor Stelvio did a fantastic job. I really feel that I made some real progress here. I guess I have to say something negative now. The ski rental service is a bit expensive and the guys there don't really seem to grasp the general customer friendliness atmosphere. The rooms were certainly large enough ( we had two communicating rooms in the cristallino), but the beds were on the hard side. My wife just read this and doesn't agree with the comment on the bed. Oh well...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Everything was very good as usual.
We had a de luxe room which was very spacious. Loads of storage. Plenty of places to dry damp clothes. Towels were replaced frequently. The staff are very friendly.

One problem (and it was the same last year) is the number of people with sickness and diarrhoea. This was probably not helped by a member of staff at the entrance to the dining room who shook hands with everyone as they arrived......a sure way to spread stomach upsets!

2  Thank holidayer_9
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I dont think you can do skiing cheaper than this. Everything included, food, skis, lessons, drink, etc. I dont know how they make money! And then in a resort with loads of snow, linked in to the Zermatt slopes. Brilliant.

I thought the staff were always very friendly and positive, which I suppose could be viewed as a little wearing when being greeted on the stairs to breakfast at 0830 in the morning! However all was organised v slickly which made our life so much easier

The place was full of families from all round the world. This made getting a place to sit in the lounge before/after supper a challenge. Its almost like "towels on the sunbeds" but we avoided that later in the week by catching a drink in the room, or by going down to town for a beer. They do need more chairs or a "quiet-er" zone for the oldies like me.

Town is v quiet. Livened up on the weekend but I dont dont think I would have selected Cervinia on the basis of the apres ski.

Great place!

1  Thank OxfordFloyd
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We have just returned from Club Med in Cervinia (family with three children aged 11, 8 and 5) and can safely say it has been our best ski holiday yet. The hotel was very well organised and the normal hassles associated with skiing with children were simply taken care of. The room as spacious, clean and practical for a family of five.

On arrival we were welcomed in a very friendly way and everything explained to us about how to get the most from our stay. The staff were superb, nothing was too much trouble and the organisation was impressive.

The children did not moan once about going into ski school as their instructors were fun and made their lessons enjoyable. My daughter's ski intructor recently came 35th in the Vancouver Olympics and showed them tricks by skiing backwards, kicking off his ski, doing a roly poly and then putting his ski on again, all while still skiing at speed! I can safely say that their skiing all improved dramatically due to the fantastic lessons. Even my 5 year old was doing red runs by the middle of the week.

The food was also superb. There was a great choice at every mealtime and the food was good quality; we enjoyed lobster, sushi, fajitas, pastas, great pizzas and lots, lots more.

The evenings were enjoyable with entertainment for the children and adults alike. The bar was very comfortable and the alcoholics drinks (all included in the price you pay!) were all well known brands. The bar staff would mix cocktails and were fast and efficient.

After a hard days skiing (children are supervised until 5.00pm) we would return to music in the bar and cakes, hot chocolate, warm punch and biscuits.

In the morning, you simply drop your children at the mini club. From there the staff take them in their groups to the boot room to put on their ski boots, helmets and get their skis. It made such a diference not to have to go through that hassle every morning as parents.

Shuttle buses then take you up to the slopes. The buses were queing up in the morning so there was never any waiting around. On the way back, you can ski into the hotel (via a red run).

I have only ever skiied in France before, and after this experience will not ski in France again as the Italiens are far friendlier, better with the children and the food is superior.

Club Med is brilliant and we will be going back next year.

1  Thank CroxleyGreenLottie
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Pro’s:
- Warm welcome at arrival. Luggage is taken care of within minutes.
- Very nice room with a marvellous view (in our case). Individual ski lockers
Indoor parking available (90 €).
- Well organised mini club. Note that there were only 35 children in our week (can go up to 200). Our 5 year old loved it, except for the stairs to the slopes (see below).
- Many nationalities in the club = positive atmosphere.
- The chef du Village (Gianni) was very present and helpful in most common European languages, just as his team.
- Pleasant common places (bar, theatre,…)
- Professional Ski monitor in your language and beautiful Italo-Swiss domain (upto > 3800 m). Gives a top of the world feeling.
- Excellent espresso (order at the bar) and tasty 5 pm break. Furthermore the bread is absolutely excellent and available in many varieties (compensating for the rest).
- Comfortable smoker room, keeping the common area’s smoke free.
- Warm goodbye.

Con’s
- Expensive club with a lot of additional costs.
- Taking the mini busses to the slopes went efficiently, but the stairs up and down and down again, and than … stairs again at the next halt for the lifts is more sport than a whole day of ski.
- Unorganised and (very) expensive ski rental service.
- “Private label” alcoholic drinks/beer and some free A-brands in limited quantities.
- Leave the evening “grignotage” for what it is.
Restaurant had a “canteen” feeling.
The restaurant on the slopes is completely inside (except for a small terrace where you can’t eat). They promised improvements for next year.
Wine is simply undrinkable (except for expensive wines à la carte)
The food is OK, but certainly far below a 4 trident level. It had something of a test in cost saving. Let’s see until where we can go before people start complaining.
- Wifi is not free and limited to the common area.
Sauna & Hamman charged additionally. If you want to swim (in the monitored pool) a bathing cap is mandatory and of course… charged for.

We enjoyed our holiday in a nice ski group but I’m not sure that we’ll return here due to the stairways and the canteen.

5  Thank BrusselStardancer