1,018 results
All reviews chef de village ski school ski instructor mini buses great holiday oysters reception manager seafood night travel agent mountain restaurant evening entertainment bad smell skiing experience ski hire off piste great snow turin airport
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This was our first time with Club Med. Great Experience - in fact my wife classed the service as "Astonishing" as she watched the GOs (resort reps) "high five" our kids as they left lunch on their first day of (beginner) lessons. This is just one example of the really enthusiastic GO approach. Samuel (Chef de Village) and the whole GO team were fantastic, way above what we see with other holiday companies. I personally was sold on Club Med during the booking process - they were able to customize flights from Glasgow for us, and also offer us a bigger family room (delux room, 2 spacious bedrooms inter-linked). Great variety of food. I really enjoyed the apre-ski in the hotel bar, hot chocolate to die for and cakes, after a hard days skiing (and after being welcomed back by disco dancers!) - and then more snacks and drinks pre-dinner at 7pm!

Swimming pool cold as the other reviews say, but very big and to be fair the cold water better for relaxing your muscles at the end of the day

Ski school was excellent (thanks Enrico the instructor + the very nice people in our ski group [8 people in this group]) - and really pushed me out of my comfort zone each day which was what I needed. My kids were complete beginners, and came on great, with good confidence. My wife doesn't ski - this wasn't a problem since she enjoyed the spa and afternoon sunshine on the terrace. All day lessons were ~5 hours per day .. usually 10 - 2pm, and 3-4pm (when we skied back to the hotel)

Skiing in Cervinia: Huge range of long runs, the only run we skied twice during lessons was the way back to the Club Med (via runs 7, 13 and 16). The resrt can be affected by winds, and on the Friday, it was very windy in the morning and the whole resort shut. Didn't seem to be a re-look agt this during the day - I heard that when closed, Cervinia doesnb't reopen that day. Pity as this meant the kinds lost their final ski lesson

Room Tip: Excellent hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This was our 6th visit to this hotel.
In previous years our instructors have perhaps taken us skiing out of reach of the clubmed free restaurants one day out of the five. It was the same for my husband and I this year.
However, our son (aged 16) was taken to expensive restaurants 4 out of the 5 days. He was given no choice about this. The cheapest meal was 22 euros. One day he had to pay 30 euros for a plate of tagliatelle. Each meal was a set price i.e. he was unable to choose a cheaper option. On one occasion they were within 15 minutes of the clubmed restaurant. We suspect that the instructor (Patrice) was receiving some kind of comission from the restaurants. We complained at reception in the hotel. We were told that the ski instruction was "contracted out" and was out of their control. My husband was connected to the ski school by reception but the person on the phone did not seem to understand English. This holiday should not be advertised as "all inclusive".

Room Tip: NOT all inclusive.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank holidayer_9
Reviewed 2 April 2011

My children and I returned to Club Med Cervinia for our second time. We first visited this Club a year ago and enjoyed it so much then that we brought 6 friends along with us this time. We all had an excellent time. The service is exceptional; friendly and helpful but not annoyingly so. The food in both the hotel and the mountain restaurant (Tuktu) was fabulous. We were in a very nice room, a bit of a trek from the lobby/lounge but ultra quiet so well worth the extra walk. The skiing is great for all levels of ability, extremely long runs which will keep even experts' muscles satisfied, and lots of easier terrain for beginners and intermediates.
The apres ski food and beverages were a great way to end the day with lots of social time with other village guests.
My only complaint is the wi-fi, it's complete crap. I needed to do some business while at Club-Med however, wi-fi is only available in the lounge area and is not up to current standards in any way. After much frustration, i gave up downloading any files of substantial size and just enjoyed my vacation (which might be why they don't bother improving the current wi-fi).
We love this Club Med and will return to it again, hopefully next winter.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Our first time Club Med on the Snow, we will definitely repeat the experience.
Location is very good, and shuttles are efficiently taking guests either to the slopes and to Cervinia. You can ski back directly to Club Med.
Nice and spacious rooms, with wonderful view on the mountains.
Excellent food. Excellent organization with professional ski trainers.
Our kids (9 and 7 year old) enjoyed their skiing lessons and we enjoyed the support from the baby club.
Areas for improvement:
- language: if you are not multilingual, language can be a barrier - French is everywhere, not necessarily Italian, even if located in Italy
- entertainment: we have been with other organizations (Valtur) and, yes, there is something better, more involving, more organized, especially for the kids.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelRR2011
Reviewed 4 January 2011

This was our third ski holiday with Club Med and we enjoyed this hotel as much as the others. We stayed for the Christmas week. We booked through skiline.co.uk who we always use as they get better prices than we can get booking directly with Club Med. The food was exceptional, especially on Christmas eve when we had a huge choice of food, I opted for oysters to start and Lobster for a main dish but many more was on offer to choose from.

The service by the staff excellent again. Although this hotel isn't ski in ski out the bus service to the slopes took just 3 minutes and when we finished skiing there was always a bus to take us back to the hotel. A big plus point is the mountain restaurant exclusively for guests, the food and service levels here exceeded our expectations.

Our son who is 12 skied all week long in a group of 6 English speaking children, after the first day we hardly saw him as we played with newly found friends.

We paid about the same cost of a chalet holiday but got much more out of it, as the lift pass, ski lessons all meals including lunch was included, even the bar is free, I suspect if we booked a chalet we would have ended up paying a lot more and dined on food cooked up by a student on a gap year...

I think Club Med works very well, particularly for those travelling with Children of any age.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family