“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We go here often. The food is delicious, although quite simple (the new menu is better). The service is perfect and the place is really calm. Go there if you want a calm, elegant and full of local savors experience

1  Thank Elisabetta M

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Dined here a few months ago and returned again. Food is very high quality. Service is warm and professional. Setting is charming. Highlights were the baby kid, lemon tart and lasagnette.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My wife and I visited this restaurant for dinner last weekend. The ambiance and welcome are warm, welcoming and professional. The menu aims to bring a level of innovation to regional cuisine.

Though some dishes were well executed (the goat was balanced and flavoursome) most we found rather bland and frankly plain. My wife's turbot was also full of small bones - disappointing at this level.

Madame and her team do a great job, the wine list showcases the region very well.

Our advice would be to choose carefully, and make sure to ask for the chef's bolder dishes. With that proviso we would recommend Vecchio Ristoro.

1  Thank HenryL777
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Really disappointed with our lunch today. I had unremarkable gnocchi on a bed of fish sauce. My main was meant to be roast kid goat. What was served was a 1cm slice of boned kid meat, stuffed with a very strong mix of herbs, especially thyme. This overwhelmed what should have been a delicate bit of meat. The pudding was even worse. A heavy lemon sponge pie, not really tasting of lemon and the thick pastry was undercooked. My husband was equally disappointed with his meal. Seafood pasta was underseasoned with a few scraps of unidentifiable fish. A slice of boned rabbit and unfortunately the same pudding as I had. The red wine from Tuscany was delicious and good value at €20. The bill, with coffees, amounted to over €140. Service was friendly and professional. But the cooking, on our visit, did not reflect it's Michelin star status.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I do not agree with the other travellers. This restaurant deserves a 2/5 but not because of the price or the "small quantities". This restaurant has a Michelin star and is therefore considered as a gastronomic restaurant. 4 euros for a bottle of water is far less than the average price in regular restaurants (even in McDonald's). And the quantities were generous for a gastronomic restaurant. In such places, you usually order 6-8 dishes, this is not a pizzeria. However, I agree with the notation. The food was certainly "local" and did not aim to be subtle, but it cruelly lacked originality, innovation and taste. The dishes were a mix of everything, with no coherence, and were far too "simple". As an example, I was served pasta with potatoes, cabbage and melted cheese, all dressed in a plate with no cohesion. I could have eaten the same dish in the cafetaria of a ski station for something like 7 euros. The dessert consisted in a heavely-suggared pistachio pie with melted chocolate on it. I also saw on the menu a plate of cheese fondue with rice.... I mean, typical local dishes can be revisited with subtility and innovation. Mixing fondue and rice is not innovative at all, it is simply crazy. What will be the next step? Melting cheese on a toast and serving it with shrimps? The only good point was the main room, which looked very good, spacious and conserved the ambiance pf the old times. And the service, which was extremely professionnal. I am really sorry to write such things, but this restaurant went second in the worst 1-star I have been too.

2  Thank Z0rglub