See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2016

I stayed for one night in a single room, it had a comfortable bed, a small balcony and shelves full of books. The b & b is in an apartment block very convenient for Porta Susa railway station, just a short walk away.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter S
Al_Porta_Susa, Proprietario at Al Porta Susa B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Thank you very much for your kind review!

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Marco is an host who pays real attention to all his guests. He runs a nice and wide flat which is a pleasant place to stay. From there, it's very easy and convenient to visit the city. Hilario is an excellent cooker. Don't miss his creations !

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Al_Porta_Susa, Proprietario at Al Porta Susa B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Thank you Franck, for your kind review! It was a pleasure to meet you and host you.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

A charming second floor apartment owned by Marco who has three guest rooms available for B & B. He lives in a separate section of the apartment. It just oozes character – make sure you take a look at the ceiling in the breakfast room - and I was so glad that I stayed there instead of a sterile hotel. A five minute walk (easily found) from the Porta Susa train station and a 25 minute walk from Piazza Castello, which I would consider the city centre area of Turin. I considered the street to be quite safe at night.
It is very clean and comfortable. My bedroom was spacious, the bed firm, which I like, and for the first time in many years, a pillow that I found comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, there will be traffic noise in the early morning and there was a creaking floor in the apartment above me. The three guest rooms share two bathrooms – Marco was not willing to comprise the architecture of the apartment to make the guest rooms en-suite, and rightly so – and therefore if you do not like sharing a bathroom, then Al Porta Susa might not suit you. If you have time for relaxing, there is a very comfortable sitting room with a huge selection of CDs and DVDs which you are very welcome to use – and a piano if you want to play it. Also, there is a selection of books. Have a look at Marco’s collection of shot glasses from around the world.
Marco, who was very friendly and very willing to chat, was very accommodating with my check in time, which was outside his normal hours and likewise with breakfast which I required a bit earlier than the official start time. While check out is 11.00AM, he will hold your for collection later on.
I asked Marco for restaurant recommendations and he suggested the one on the ground floor of the building, to the immediate right of his entrance door, where he has eaten himself, and it was ideal. Nice food at a very reasonable price – I had a pizza, half litre of house wine and a dessert - €12 – you can’t go wrong!
If I ever return to Turin, this is where I would stay. For me, it is just the sort of place that I like, it was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Al_Porta_Susa, Proprietario at Al Porta Susa B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Dear Frank, thank you very much for your kind and generous review! It was a pleasure to meet you and thanks again for your contribution to our shot glass collection :-)

Reviewed 20 October 2014

This is a grest B&B in an apartment builiding that was actually owned by the hosts grand parents and has a lovely old world charm. It is located close to Porta Susa train station and an easy walk to the city. The rooms are clean, bright & spacious. The host is very friendly and very happy to offer advice or general chatting. As I woman travelling on my own I felt very comfortable & safe. I even forgot I had to leave. I will stay here again on my next trip to Turin.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed 26 September 2014

We have recently had a really enjoyable stay at Bed & Breakfast Al Porta Susa. It is located close to the city centre and very close to the new train station. Marco, the owner, was very warn and hospitable and came to our rescue when our train to Milan was cancelled.

The room was spacious and clean and the bathrooms were spotless. Breakfast was excellent and Marco was a font of knowledge on what to do in Turin.

Overall, I would recommend this as a base for a Turin city break.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple