All reviews apartment block train station fourth floor stayed for nights croissants city centre wifi elevator museum
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My girlfriend and I spent two nights at the Artuà Solferino and we had a great time. We took a two-person bedroom, that was nice and clean (at our arrival as well after the daily cleaning). The breakfast offered a nice little range of different products in an elegant kind of saloon. The hotel itself is right in the city center of Torino with all the major piazzas in walking distance. The parking service (you can choose between a space on the street for 10 EUR a night and one of the garages inside the inner courtyard for 20 EUR a night) is a little bit expensive but as the city sights can almost all be reached by foot, it´s an easy way to know your car safe for the whole stay.
Worth mentioning was the hearty personnel. From the check-in in the middle of the night we were treated very friendly. The service was professionnell yet in a very familiar atmosphere which fits perfectly to the overall impression of the hotel.
When we come back to Torino we´ll certainly stay at this place again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I found this hotel to be within nice walking distance of the train station, even on a winter night with a large backpack instead of directions. Also nice, it's in the direction of downtown, only a few minutes on foot from the Egyptian museum and the main cathedral. I was a budget traveler, and I found that this was the best choice, considering amenities and the all-important location.

We had a nice, clean room, the cheapest on offer which was really quite nice, it had a nice balcony with a view, a good bed, in-suite bathroom and safe. It was on the top floor of the adjoining building. The hotel is two adjoining buildings, each of which you need a key to get into, a cool old elevator to get to the top floors, and a code to get into the hotel part of the building. Overall very good security, unfortunately the hotel reception is only in one of the two buildings, so if like us you're in the other, better use the phone if you have any questions.

On another note, they had internet - the wifi was down at the time but they also had computers and were very understanding. The staff was overall very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the buildings and rooms thoroughly, as they really had a nice continental feel to them which helps you get right into your trip.

Finally, I had the misfortune to forget untraceable valuables in the room safe, and the staff was kind and honest enough to send them to me, all accounted for. I was in another country and had little recourse if the valuables disappeared - and the staff knew this. Can you put a price on honesty?

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I stayed in this hotel many times; it is my first choice when I have to pass one or more nights at Turin.
The hotel is composed by two separated parts, in two historical 19th beautiful buildings; windows and some of the wooden floors are still original: I love them!
I have tried many different rooms; there are some bigger and some smallest (obviously, since it is an ancient apartment) everyone of them is unique and charming. Bathrooms are new and fully equipped.
The staff is kind and prices great!!
I absolute love this place, and recommend it to everyone who adores charming old fashioned and historical hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Where do you start with the negative comments for this hotel... Our room wasn't clean on arrival even though we arrived at 3pm! We had to wait 20 mins while they did a rushed job, and in this time they didn't even fill in our passport details. They told us to come back in a couple of minutes to collect them later. On returning 1 hour later we had to wait again as they still hadn't recorded the details. Our room was extremely average and did not look like the pictures on the web in any way shape or form (I doubt those rooms even exist). There was a random useless laundry section tacked on which had nothing but a sink and a window pane missing! This let all the mosquitoes in! Our toilet didn't flush properly, no air conditioning, there was a old sofa with a dirty sheet as a cover and we could hear every noise through the paper thin walls. Especially every time someone used the old creaking lift next to our room. The bar fridge wasn't turned on so all the drinks were hot. They didn't clean our room at all one day even though we left it by 10am. To get sky you had to shell out a further 6 euro per night! (Not that you wanted to spend any extra time in this hotel room). If it was possible for a hotel to have zero stars this would be the one. There is nothing positive to say about this hotel, apart from the location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeLeslie
Reviewed 30 October 2008

I was looking for a cheap room with bath that was convenient for where I wanted to be, and this was fine for the money, but with a little more effort, it could be a really nice hotel.

This hotel is brilliantly situated, very central, and the staff are friendly and helpful; it feels safe and secure to return to in the evening. A hair dryer was provided, and a fridge!

However, the room I had was in poor decorative condition - worn floor tiles, really ugly bedspread, and worst of all a big chunk of plaster had fallen off the bathroom pipe, presumably from one head too many banging against it. This was an attic room and it is impossible not to hit your head on the beams no matter what height you are.

The room was not very clean either, there was hair (not mine) in the corners of the bathroom floor, and the fridge - which I was very grateful to have - had not been cleaned properly. There was no change of linens in the 6 days I stayed there, other than one hand towel. There are rules posted that tell you not to do your own laundry as they can provide the service! (Maybe that is why they don't have time to change guest towels?!)

The room was one of the cheapest I found - 50 euros a night for a single - and I was happy to have the option not to pay for breakfast which costs 8 euros more. Internet was being charged at 3 euros an hour.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)