All reviews apartment block train station fourth floor stayed for nights croissants city centre wifi elevator museum
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

i stayed with my family in this hotel for 3 nights. first of all i have to say that rooms were dirty and one bed was not made so the housekeeper needed to come at 7 pm to do it.. i do not understand why they couldnt do it before our arrival.. secondly, i had to ask the reception to change towels in the bathroom (i had to do this like everyday).. the overall standard of the in-room furniture was quite low.. whereas the breakfast was actually quite good value for money.. great location right in the heart of Torino but unfortunatly the hotel isnt run properly...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. A great breakfast was included in the price, with fresh cakes, ham, sausages and cheese, bacon and eggs, yogourt, cornflakes, croissants and the usual bread, jam and butter. It is located downtown in an ancient and safe "palazzo" and you can go by walking to all the interesting places in Torino. In the ground floor there are two sitting rooms with couches very comfortable to have a rest, plus the dining room for breakfast. I had room number 9 which despite it is considered individual it was huge, a sort of mansarde, with a four pieces bathroom. Everything was very clean, they cleaned and changed towels every day.
Staff is nice and helpful. The only flaw is that wifi is not free.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Don't go to this hotel! At arrival a very unfriendly receptionist, informed me and my colleague that although we had made a reservation (they confirmed that we had a booking and had paid for it!), they don't have a room for us (a double booking). They didn't even apologize and when we asked for help with finding another hotel with the same price, she first refused and then asked us "So, will you sleep here, on the corridor, or what?". In the meantime we observed her unfriendly attitude to other customers, complaining about non-existing wi-fi and other problems. In general, it was an outrage!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Agata_Kom-Bro
davotter, Invalid credit card at Artua & Solferino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

We sent to you this email with your confirmation :
IMPORTANT INFO: If you use a debit card for guaranteed this reservation , sometimes we ask a pre-authorization, to avoid unpleasnt overbooking. Please verify that the card is valid and has credit available for the amount booked . Your credit card does'nt work . My staff found for you another accomodation. That's all.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in June and were sceptical after some of the reviews but the place was fantastic. We upgraded to a room with en-suite and it was well worth it. The hotel was spotlessly clean and we could see the snow topped mountains from our window.
The old fashioned lift is fantastic and the whole building is full of Italian character. We were genuinely surprised by this hotel. Breakfast was included and was very good also.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We chose the hotel based on the location and price. We stayed only 2 nights, so we didn't care much about the room quality. The location is very convenient, walking distance from the centre, Via Roma and Piazza Castello. Staff was very nice and friendly, breakfast was also good.
Room we stayed in was small and shabby, very old and somewhat ugly design, but clean enough. The biggest problem I have is the bed. Old and uncomfortable and you can feel the other person making any move. I also have lower back problems and the quality of bed is very important to me. For all that, I didn't have a good night sleep both nights.
I wouldn't stay there for longer, but I might go back for a short weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends