1,785 results
All reviews american bar small garden elegant hotel egyptian museum within walking distance old world pedestrian street breakfast buffet walk in closet our room was spacious old style excellent location piazza san carlo pastries stayed for two nights main attractions loved this hotel
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

After staying in Rome and traveling to Torino, I found this hotel to be a very good stay. Beds were comfortable, and breakfast was well laid out. I like the fact that the closet was a walk in and my wife and I could easily put both our rather large suitcases in the closet with little problem. My only issue with the stay was that for some reason, the hot water late at night was lukewarm at best and I could not take a long hot soak in the nice bathtub. There is a fitness room with complimentary apples and water but it is pretty meager with only a couple of simple fitness machines and a few treadmills. I did not use the fitness room as I would be walking most of the places in Torino during the day (~5-10 miles). Compared to Rome, Torino is a bargain. Though it doesn't have as many attractions, they have a couple of great museums, ruins, cathedrals, and 100+ year old cafes. Most of which are within a mile of the Grand Hotel Sitea.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you very much for your stay.

Turin was the first capital of Italy, we are history ;-)

Cordially

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand Hotel Sitea for 6 nights and we were sad when we had to leave! It is a lovely old hotel. An old world classic, beautiful decor, perfectly situated to explore the old city on foot. You can easily walk to the hotel from the north train station. Our room was very comfortable and impeccable, service was excellent. It was quiet unless we had the window open but the sounds drifting up from the street were part of the charm; Italian conversation, bicycle bells, dog barking, church bells...all part of the scene. The staff was kind, friendly and helpful beyond measure. The morning breakfast, which is included, was a beautiful spread. Started my day with mimosas! The dining areas were lovely with white table cloths and staff bringing coffee and cappuccinos. The bar is an absolute must see. So cozy! The first night we wandered in, Joseph made us fancy drinks, mine was a rich flambé and so delicious. Drinks were served with some perfect sweets to end the evening. A great little hideaway. There is a restaurant as well but was fully booked the one night we inquired. Turin was beautiful. We absolutely loved it and I would gladly come again to see more of this interesting city and I would not stay anywhere else but the Grand Hotel Sitea. It was perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your stay and for your beautiful review.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel ! Reasonably priced for the location and the luxury of this old beautiful hotel. It is elegant clean well appointed. Our room was spacious exemplary in decor and amenities. The breakfast is relaxed elegant and the variety of choices is tremendous. Nonstop coffee choices The staff like the church mouses in Cinderella. There when you need them and unknown when you don't. The car was parked and available immediately when needed to take off on a spur of the moment adventure. Nothing was ever too much to ask and help was kindly given even when I tried to be incognito A small bus group pulled up to and pilled into the small reception no problem. They handled us all quickly and managed to send us off to our room quickly without delay. Dinner and lunch suggestions and reservations were fantastic. Nothing was below 5 star service. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Loved it

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you very much for your stay and for your beautiful review.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Been there last May , Hotel very well situated to enjoy the wonderful city of Turin :) valet service for the car another Plus, culinary excellent ( high class breakfast room ), next call will check also their Michelin Restaurant Carignano !! just before leaving we had a wonderful encounter which made me understand that it was not my imagination but really it is a great spot :) will be back for sure, our Turin spot !!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your stay and for your nice review.

We wait for you very soon :)

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I wrote already about this hotel, and coming back makes me feel I did the right thing again. Centrally located like no other, the kindness and proactive attitude of the staff please the most demanding guest. The rooms need a bit of an update/upgrade, especially the bathroom facilities... but overall is just a great experience. At the corner, a new bistro, very good drinks, fair prices, but the man in charge (Marco) really needs further training to kindness and hospitality charme, to deserve his place in this marvellous hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your stay and for your review.

Cordially