“Worth getting on the tram to eat here.”
Review of Kido-ism - CLOSED

Kido-ism
Price range: USD 50 - USD 102
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2015

We visited for my birthday dinner and it was definitely a memorable meal. The atmosphere is calm and designed so that you can concentrate on the food. We had the chef's choice degustation, and from the amuse bouche to the dessert virtually every dish was good or great. I particularly liked the black cod which was fishy and unctous. Only one dish failed to hit the spot, a fairly bland chicken and (I think) chickpea thing. The desserts were delicious.
There is an extensive wine list, with many bottles at a reasonable price.
The service was excellent. Attentive without being intrusive. The staff spoke good English, a bonus for someone with limited Italian!
Make sure you book, it's a bit of a distance from the centre and the night we went it was full.
It isn't cheap, but it's good value and a bit different from the standard Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

What do you get when you combine Japanese - Spanish - Italian? Kido-ism is the answer. Takashi, the chef has such a good tongue, he will surprise you. "Fusion" is not good enough to explain his cooking. They are open only in the evening, but he will accept lunches for group of 10 person or more.
It is definitely worth trying!

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent ambient. Excellent service. We could not fault one dish of the Acqua menu. It was great to try something so different in Turin. I have travelled extensively in Asia for 20 years. It seemed I was back there, but even on a higher level. The presentation of each dish was innovative, original and just brings to mind the expression "eating with your eyes". Total explosion of taste. Not cheap but worth every penny. We will go back. my compliments to a coragious chef. Try it.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

We went there on our first night in Turin. I had booked here based on reviews. We both enjoy fusion and we were curious about the tasting menus. Unfortunately what we didn't know was that the tasting menus had to be ordered per 2 persons. Also unfortunate is that due to dietary restrictions and personal preferences there was no menu we both could eat. So we had to order from the ala carte menu. The dishes were well presented and the food was good. The portions were a decent size except for the dessert-for €9 we expected a bigger portion. The tasting menus are €50pp which sounds reasonable but we ended up paying €100 for 3 starter portions, 1 main and 1 dessert, a coffee, bottle of water and 2 proseccos. Very overpriced, by far the most expensive meal we had in Turin.
The service was good and everyone was friendly just a pity they weren't more flexible.

Takashi K, Proprietario at Kido-ism, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Sir,

We really sorry for what happened. We don't speak english very well so probably we misinterpreted your request. We could not change just one of two "meat menù", so we suggest to order "à la carte", we also recommended to not order more than 2 dishes à la carte because portions are bigger than testing menù, I think we did not spoke correctely english and maybe you expected bigger portions. Anyway we are sorry, but please believe me: portions à la carte are bigger than portions of testing menù that's why the price is higher, we are sorry we did not explain explicitly.

Best Regards

Takashi Kido

Reviewed 15 June 2015

This is a small restaurant, up a short flight of stairs. Seats about 20 I think. So make reservations.
I am not a "foodie", but I enjoy eating out.
We ordered the tasting menu - Earth (There is also a Water - i.e. seafood).
Basically, we put ourselves in the hands of the restaurant, and we were rewarded!
Three hours of wine, breads with flavored olive oil in pipettes, a couple of appetizers, a couple of mains, some sides, and dessert. Each served as soon as it was ready with new plates and silverware, each with fantastic presentation, flavors, textures - all unique and different, all delicious! Even the plates and silverware showed unique touches and attention to detail. There were no menus in English, and the wait staff hardly spoke any, so we just went with the flow and ate everything we were offered.
This was an amazing experience, not just a meal!
Very friendly staff, who worked hard to make sure we were happy.