“Perfect simple late lunch”
Review of Osteria del Palio

Osteria del Palio
Ranked #34 of 359 Restaurants in Asti
Price range: USD 12 - USD 29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We arrived quite late for lunch, about 2:30 pm. but still snagged the daily menù for EUR 10, which arrived swiftly and tasted good. All three dishes (primo, secondo, contorno) come on one platter-style plate, and a dessert (we chose a really tasty tiramisù) was also included.
The service was very friendly, and three menùs, a glass of wine and an extra first course came to a grand total of EUR 40. What more can one ask of an osteria?

1  Thank Thing_Two

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

Food is amazing,and staff is very friendly and polite,but my dinner had a touch of bad taste.It's not nice when table next yours is buying some fake prada shoes from a street seller allowed by restaurant's manager.At least it's Italy...

Reviewed 1 July 2015

For our fifth anniversary, we were headed to Enoteca del Palio but it was closed. The sign on the window sent us to the Osteria del Palio where we had dinner last evening.

It is much larger than the Enoteca with seating in three or four separate areas. We were in the one furthest from the street where it was cooler.

The waiter brought us a class of Prosecco before bringing the menus. He also brought two pieces of sort of a pizza with a slice of prosciutto on it. We politely declined that. Strangely enough, he did not volunteer to bring us something without the prosciutto. The menu is quite simple which I recommend as a former chef. I would think that most people could find something to their liking on the Osteria's menu. There were two fresh fish specials also.

In the menu is the wine suggestion of the house. We chose to look at the wine list that was not brought to us with the menus. We chose a Barbera that was from a cantina that we were unfamiliar with. It was a good choice, even for the fly that happened by and half drowned in my glass. The waiter took the glass away and brought me a clean one. The wine was very reasonably priced.

My wife had the pasta with black truffles, I had "tonno di coniglio" which has nothing to do with tonno (tuna) and everything to do with coniglio (rabbit). For the main course, my wife had the grilled tomino (a local cheese) with grilled vegetables and I had the sauteed polipo (octopus). All four plates were very good.

We recommend the restaurant but if you order a good bottle of wine, be careful of the fly that may want to share it!

1  Thank pratomorone
Reviewed 12 May 2015

When you sit down, the waiter brings a glass of prosecco and a large hors doeuvre. The food was delicious, great selection. Had to check the bill twice to make sure we were charged enough. Plus, open later than other nearby places.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

We went to this restaurant for a quick bite to eat before exploring Asti. The restaurant was packed and we had to wait for a couple of minutes. We decided to choose the 10 euro lunch menu. I had a soup, a seafood salad and a glass of the white house wine. Nothing fancy, but perfect for a quick lunch. Very young and friendly staff. A real Italian atmosphere inside with all the people talking and lingering over coffees.