“Not again”

Puglia Bakery & Bistrot
Reserve with
Puglia Bakery & Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,559 of 9,168 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: USD 10 - USD 41
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Bistrot and bakery of Apulia tradition, serves , home made gluten and gluten free food prapared from raw materials (respectfully of AIC for the part gluten). All raw materials are fresh and processed by our Chef, starting from the starters (we have choice of about 20 appetizers " Apulia's Tapas " to dessert. Selection of fine wines of Apulia.
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff but we didn't like the food! we have ordered pasta which was the worst in our lives, the dish was too sweet and creamy in general, the walnuts were carmalized and the dough itself had a bad taste
The bread was white and fluffy and not wow in terms of taste, it just elevated my blood sugar where I struggled because I forgot my medicine
The pizza was not the best in Milan as we have tried at other gluten free places that were better, it was black from the bottom as apparently the oven was not cleaned before well enough
We ate everything because we were starving but decided not to repeat it any time soon
I hope that they improve the taste
and quality of dishes

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a gluten free friendly place near isola and we happened to discover this lovely restaurant. The place is small and it is better to book before popping in. The waitress is very kind and the staff is helpful. We had a starter but when it arrived we discovered it was not suitable for vegetarians (ham in it). It was not described on the menu but we didn't tell them that we are vegetarians. Even if we knew that we should have mentioned it, the waitress has been so kind and understanding and made us change our starter for no extra free.
After the starter I had orecchiette (delicious!) and my partner had the gf pizza. Believe me, one of the best gf pizza we have ever tasted (you need to book it in advance if you want the pizza as the dough is made daily).
We finished with tartufo. Very nice dessert.
The price for the dinner was fair (the quality of the food is high and other places charge more for homemade food like this).
After the summer we will visit them again for sure.
Totally recommended!!!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Wow! Just wow! I have been searching for a gluten free restaurant since I arrived in Milan. I was happy to find this place less than a mile from my flat and blown away by my experience for lunch today. The gluten free pasta was amazing and the service was outstanding! I'm learning Italian and the server was very patient with me trying to order in Italian. She explained each dish and all with a smile. I sat outside, which felt like the perfect Italian way to dine. I enjoyed a glass of wine, gluten free bread, gluten free pasta and of course dolce. A gluten free brownie with poached pears! I will definitely be back. Grazie!

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Wow, this is an amazing find. They have excellent tapas. In fact there is a Happy Hour special from 7:00 to 8:30. They decide what tapas you receive. We each had the Happy Hour plate with 5 items. Thin zuchini slices broiled and with evo, eggplant with thin sliced ham & cheese inside with a wonderful flavored tomato sauce on top. There was a Mozzarella ball that was stuffed and served over sun dried tomato, tender octupus in an exquisite sauce, a grated potato square.
We had a wonderful bottle of wine, a 2013 Cantele. So full bodied and flavorful.
We each ordered a pasta dish (again this was available in gluten free). My husband had one with tomatoes, and basil pesto. I had one with evo and shrimp. They were both delicious.
The service was terrific. Loved this place.

PugliaBakery, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Puglia Bakery & Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Cathy,
thank you so much for appreciating and we loved your so precise comments on time passed with us at your dinner.
We look forward to see you soon, next time in Milan.
Kind regards,
Responsible Customer Relationship

Reviewed 18 March 2016

The restaurant opened in February 2016 and is still adjusting its menu to clients' tastes. It offers great dishes from the Puglia region in Italy with an interesting format: small tapas (typically to share) as an appetizer, then plenty of choice for the main course. Most of the dishes are gluten-free and absolutely delicious! Great concept restaurant that fosters local Puglia cuisine: I wish you a great success!

1  Thank albatr0s83
PugliaBakery, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Puglia Bakery & Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Thank you so much for your appreciation, we look forward to see you very soon!