All reviews loreto metro station place to stay breakfast included clean rooms city centre koalas dorm stops duomo
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Arriving late here I think this is not a good place to go. Price very high and zero service. No visiting card, no city map. We had to make our bed ourselves. The room was tiny and door to balcony was stuck. No Television, no soap, no shampoo. Towels cost extra. But still charging €89,00/night for a double incl breakfast. Toaster takes 1 hour, coffee had to be made by the boy at reception, who was also busy with people checking out so that took 1/2 hour. No hot milk. Nothing special, just white bread only. Around there rooms can be a lot cheaper and better.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is the second hostel that I stayed for 3 weeks, (the first one in Roma) because the absolutely AMAZING staffs, and also the environment. First, they welcome you with a smile, second they very very helpful, and also take good care of you whenever you need anything. I checked in with Santiago, a handsome guy with a cute smile, who speaks English Spanish and Italian, he was patient and answered all of my questions, even though I had so many at the time. Then during my stay, there was a crazy customer who bothered me a lot and disturbed my privacy, Michele, the attractive Italian guy with long hair, he listened and solved the problem very nicely. Then the week after, I got sick and I had to check out and check in again, but I was too tired because of the medicine I took, I couldn’t get out of bed at the time, Mattia, the tall good looking Italian guy, he helped me and also he was super nice. They are all my friends, and all other staffs also, everyone was really nice and helpful. I also love the environment, the happy vibes, comfortable lounge which make it easier to meet new friends, with good chill music playing in the background. I made a lot of good friends, great conversations, and memories staying there. If you want comfy, but also a great place to meet new friends, this is the place, because the hostel is always busy, a lot of customers. The hostel is close to the Loreto metro, only 10 minutes to Duomo by metro, market, pharmacy, shopping area, a good Togo pasta restaurant, Pasta a gogo, (if you want cheap, fast, Delicious Pasta , you Have to give it a try lolz) I definitely come back and I definitely recommend this hostel. Services are million stars lolz. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights. The hostel is awful. 1. The main problem is the lack of air-conditioning, which is critical due to a very hot weather in Milan. Impossible to sleep! 2. Breakfast is very poor and monotonous and available in the common kitchen from 8 to 11 am. This is OK, but why can't I just use the kitchen after 11 am (for example, sit and eat pizza)? Yeah, you're right, it is prohibited to enter to the kitchen after 11 am. 3. The towel costs 3 euros. What? Why should I pay for it? 4. Very noisy. The only way to get fresh air into the room is to open the window, since there is no air-conditionig. But the street is very noisy. All night there are sirens of police and ambulance, the noise of cars cleaning streets, motorcycles, drunken Italians. It is impossible to sleep again! 5. Not all staff speak English well. Be ready they will explain many things in Italian. The hostel is suitable only for those who travels by shuttle and stops for no more than one night here.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We are 2 girls, and we stayed in a mixed dorm and at no point did we feel uncomfortable! The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were both friendly and helpful, and the bar is definitely 24hrs. Very secure with a gate that is accessed by using your room key.

We arrived late at night and were swiftly checked in and given keys to our room.

Emad was great and was very happy to have a laugh with us whilst we had a beer. And we also met 2 guys that started recently who were also absolute gems! (Santiago and his Italian friend....sorry!)

Would definitely recommend and planning on returning to here and Milan soon!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Koala is located in good area near loreto metro Station which has access to both M1 and M2, (that goes to the Duomo) its also a 15 min walk to the cenral station.. We booked 3 beds in a 4 bedroom dorm for two nights, room was clean bathroom was properly convenient and clean as well. But AC was broken we had to get a small useless fan.. Lockers are ok in terms of size. Also there is a clean bathroom for showering outside the room. Breakfast was pretty poor to be honest i personally don't care cause i went for pizza and pasta after anyways, but compared to the hostels i stayed in during the trip it wasn't that good. All in all it was ok I just had way better experience in hostels in arco, salo and verona for the same price or cheaper, thanks koala hostel and keep improving your lovely place

Date of stay: August 2018