“Great place!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I can nothing but recommend this place! The food is great, especially the fajitas (which you can also order vegetarian off the menu), the sangria is a league of its own and the service is friendly and chatty. I personally love guacamole and this place has a particular delicious one.
There is air conditioning which is great for the hot italian summers and the restaurant had a vibrant and casual atmosphere with lots of conversation and music. Super cool!

Without any doubt the best Mexican you can find in Milan. I will return again!

Giovanni G, Proprietario at Cueva Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

What can i sey i wish you all the best and i hope see you soon at cueva maya again thank you

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Good was terrible and service even worse. We ordered guacamole which came with literally 2 chips to scoop with, when asked for more chips we were informed those would be charged extra. What are you supposed to eat the guacamole with????
In addition, all good was over seasoned and not Mexican at all. We ordered fajitas and enchiladas. The fajitas beef was poorly marinated with what tasted like ketchup and garlic Also very fat (no lean meat). The enchiladas were dull and also on the sweet side. We had a terrible after taste. Good quality was lacking.
Never coming back again and recommend you stir clear of this cheap venue.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

We have been here twice as a family and both times had excellent service - compliments to the friendly, attentive waiting staff. The sizzling chicken and beef fajitas are beautiful, but my favourite has to be the tequila and lime chicken which surprised by being coated in BBQ sauce yet still retaining the taste of the main ingredients.

The cost of our meals, with drinks, came to 80-90 euros each time. It's not cheap, but you leave satisfied.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I came to Cueva Maya with low expectations after reading the reviews. Unfortunately, my friends still decided to go there, and the consequence was a rather bad dinner, considering the quality Mexican food can offer.
We shared mixed appetizers and I then had the traditional fajitas. The appetizers were nothing special, while the fajitas were plain mediocre, as the meat was cooked badly (way too much cooking for both the beef and the chicken).
The two waiters who served our group were either rude or "over-friendly". Also, the waiting time was extremely long and it took us 3 hours to finish our meal.
I would not recommend this place and I don't think I will be going back.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Los Angelino who lives in Milan. This place is NOT amazing and is a bit over priced but the food is good quality and they almost get it right.

Recommended: the chimichanga and they have great margaritas. chips are good, nachos ok.

I