Best Hotel
Charly(Milan)
  • Breakfast included
Rallye(Milan)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationwindow overlooking the gardenshopping street buenos airesstar hotelwifi connectionfresh fruitnice breakfastcroissantsrooms are smallbreakfast was includedper nightlocation is greatcity centrecappuccinoratesduomoluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Our room was very small and basic but it had everything we needed including an air conditioning & a TV which you could change to english! The breakfast was very basic and the coffee was very bad but we were able to bring down our own coffee which was good. The only things missing from the room were a safe, a bar fridge & a hair dryer. The staff at reception were very helpful and there is a small court yard out the back which was nice to site in & enjoy a glass of vino! Internet access is provided at a small cost & the hotel is in a great location close to the central station, the local shopping strip and the metro. The bed was comfortable & at nite you couldn't hear any noise outside with the shutters & windows closed which was great!

Room Tip: rooms facing the hotel courtyard were quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I chose this "hotel" as it was close to Stazione Centrale which I wanted to use so I could travel the city and go by train elsewhere. The surrounding area seemed extremely dirty but there were some works on the road, but it did not seem safe either.

After finding the hotel fairly easily, and checking in the afternoon it dawned on me when I saw the state the garden was outside what I was in for for my room. After receiving my key and navigating my way through laundry left in the aisles with nobody in sight(this would be a regular occurance) I arrived and opened the door to find....

1) A used unmade bed the size of a dwarf;
2) Cigarette astray full of used cigarettes that left the worst smell known to man;
3) Towels on the floor and unflushed urinal.

Let me tell you it looked like a squatter had stashed themselves into the room. The worst part was after telling them in the most polite way possible - they told me to go into the garden for 30 mins instead of giving me another room!

So going back (in hindsight I should have left but I had paid for the three nights already) I had to grin and bear it. What you will find in the room apart from previously mentioned:

* A dirty bathroom that a skinny person struggles to fit in and close the screen for fear of breaking the glass - lets not forget the folding sliding door! Horrendous!.
* Dirty windows;
* Dusty airconditioner where you would breathe more dust than oxygen;
* Holes in the roof. There were two smoke detectors, one that didn't work, and one with a hole where I presume a third one was.
* A light (two lights, if you're lucky because one light in my room didn't work);

* Rodents - this was not in my room but in the room next to me. When you have two or three women in the room next to you screaming in a way your mother does when she sees one and hearing feet jumping up and down on the ground.... what else could it be. I giggled when they asked the occupants to leave for 30mins... because I assume they were going to "shoo" it off to another room where someone was sleeping. That night I didn't sleep well.

The one aspect that was good I stress was the location. On the second day the lady there helped with a map which was nice. If you are expecting a nice continental breakfast, the only thing fresh you should expect is the orange juice. Everything else is pre-packaged in plastic.

Lock your bags and keep your passport with you - I was not comfortable leaving my valuables behind.

Better still - do not visit this hotel. I will post photographs later.

Room Tip: One as high as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotel was advertised on the internet as three star. No way is this hotel a 3 star. The neighbourhood looked very seedy and was very noisy. After asking for a quiet room we were given a room on the first floor, over the street where the level of noise was horrendous. There was no air con, the shower was so small that my partner would have been stuck if he tried to get into it (we are both quite slim). There was no security and the window did not close, it also looked grubby. After seeing what it was like we picked up our passports from reception and left, we found another hotel close by. We did not feel safe and the the room was the smallest and dingiest I have ever seen. I have stayed in more luxurious youth hostels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I picked this hotel because it's close to train station and it's called The Best Hotel. But Do yourself A Favour, DON'T STAY in this hotel. This is THE WORST hotel I ever stay. I slept with bugs and mosquitos,k the receptionist was rude and not even helping with problem. No aircon, and the fan mages a terrible sound, I couldn't sleep, they even put sticky tape on the toilet wall, I paid so much money for this hotel, i might better stay in hostel. I also have to pay 6 euro for 2 hours wifi, and it keep drop off, when o said to receptionist, he said well that's not their problem, the breakfast is terrible. They have to change their name to THE WORST HOTEL

I'm writing this to warn you
Don't ruin your holiday in Milan by staying in this hotel

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Booked last minute but the staff were great! They helped us with everything we needed even though we werent even there for 24 hours! The room wasn't big but it suited us fine. Only issue for us was a cigarette left in the bin from previous occupants so the bathroom smelt like smoke! I'd recommended it for a quick, budget stay.

• Stayed: November 2010