1,392 results
All reviews massage chair straf bar great location department store la rinascente popular bar light switches hotel bar is cool hotel breakfast room central location piazza duomo side street shopping area rooms are small centre of milan yogurt
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was indeed surprised with the Straf. Rooms were spacious & well designed. I loved the massage chair in my room. Perfect remedy for jet lag.

There is complementary refreshments tray in the dining area for all guests throughout the day.

Location in the center of Milan was excellent just steps from the Duomo. The staff were all very helpful & friendly from the reception; to the service staff during breakfast.

I would highly recommend this hotel. As I plan to return, I was given a tour of their various rooms & suites. Well done !

Alan Leong
Singapore
TripAdvisor Level 6
SPG Plat

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan L
STRAFhotel, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Alan
Thank you for posting a so positive review and for highly recommending the STRAFhotel&bar!
I really appreciate your feedback on our location and services and I'm especially happy that our staff at the reception and during the breakfast lasted an excellent impression.

I will be delighted to have you again in our Hotel so to allow you to discover all kind of rooms & suites as designed using refined and innovative materials in a very special ambience.
And obviously enjoy again the massage chair in the well-being room!

See you then!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Straff is a member of Design Hotels and an affiliate of SPG (points, no ‘perks’). It has 64 rooms on 6 floors, a small restaurant, a bar and some meeting space. If you are expecting room service, turn down service or a chocolate on your pillow, then look elsewhere. However, if you want to be on a pedestrian only street (no car noise) 100 yards from the Duomo, the Galleria, a major subway station as well as a very short walk to two major museums (palazzo resale and nuovocento) and many of the better stores in Milan, then this is an excellent choice.

The decor is minimalist....lots of concrete and steel, the color scheme is dark....lots of grey and black. The rooms are basic....bed and bathroom....but functional. There is no view as most rooms face the wall of the riscienete department store while the few rooms toward the back of the hotel face an interior courtyard that is pretty uninteresting. The room controls are simple and functional.....with good lighting option. Most rooms come with leather cubes as the seating option....a larger version of the one’s in the restaurant....not sure why anyone would think these are comfortable as seats, but they are useful as a stand for your suitcase. There is one elevator....so you may need to be patient during busy hours.

The front desk staff was friendly and efficient as were the staff in the restaurant. There is a charge for breakfast, but it is worth it as there is a good selection of buffet items.

Room suggestion....other than a few suites and a few rooms at the back of the hotel, the rooms are the same. My choice would be one away from the elevator on a higher floor, but not on the side directly above the trendy, popular and somewhat noisy bar. The bar is on the right side of the hotel as you enter with outside seating.....the noise is not egrigous, but it seems to be amplified as bounces off the building walls on the narrow street.

Other suggestions: 1. to fit in wear black yes, it is that kind of trendy place) though a few rebellious guests wore grey and one actually had a colorful blouse. 2. Take advantage of the location to visit theDuomo or the museums before/after the crowds 3. Across the street from the hotel entrance is a side entrance to the Riscienete department store...through that door and to the left is an express elevator to the top/7th floor where you will find a food hall with Italian specialties including wine. There is a sushi restaurant and an Italian restaurant/bar with an outdoor terrace that affords a spectacular view of the upper reaches of the Duomo.

Room Tip: Left side (as you face the hotel) away from the bar, toward the far left side away from the elevator that is in the center of the hotel.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank attillathehun
STRAFhotel, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear guest,
first of all thank you for dedicating your time to write and post your review following your stay here in at the STRAFhotel&bar.
We are positively impressed when our guests tell their experience in details as you brilliantly did. It is an honor for us!

As you wrote, we are proud of being a member of Design Hotels™ in a unique partnership with Starwood Preferred Guest©; indeed STRAFHotel is listed in the spg.com.

I am very glad to hear that you appreciated our location in the heart of Milan and I am especially happy that our staff at the front office and at the restaurant lasted an excellent impression.
I am very delighted that you also appreciated our rich complimentary American breakfast buffet.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon in the special vibe of the STRAFhotel&bar.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great value for money with comfort AND style in the heart of Milan. Staff very friendly and very supportive, walking distance to the fantastic Italian food (everywhere) restaurants and fancy stores. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your enthusiastic comments; I am very delighted to hear that we have satisfied and exceeded your expectation!

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

It's a strategic place for visiting Milan's center . My visit was for La Scala perfomance -4 minutes walk distance. Near by 100 m parking. modern, stylish, clean. Problematic is: there are not black out on windows and during the night light of next building desturb sleeping; the aircondision is exact over the bed and it is a little bit windy.
nice and polite stuff. Good variety of breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElenaKZ

Dear Elena,
I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our location, especially the style of the STRAFhotel&bar entirely designed by the Italian Architect and Interior Designer Vincenzo De Cotiis.

We apologize for any issues occurred in your room during your stay; we should have paid more attention to it in order to offer the best hospitality our guests deserve. Your comments will be useful for avoiding any inconveniences for the future.

Happy to hear that our staff lasted a very good impression as well as our rich complimentary American breakfast buffet.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The management is rude and they don’t care about helping guests. I booked with the gentleman at the desk, and he said he could use my reward points. In the morning, they charged my card and said they could not use the points. The guy the night before had clearly communicated the wrong information, but they acted as though it were my fault. I missed my train and ruined a day of my vacation dealing with trying to fix the situation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
STRAFhotel, General Manager at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Ms Fried,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you took to write your comment.

We are very sorry to hear about your bad feelings with regards to your stay at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™.

Upon your check in, on Friday March 16th, it seems that there has been a misunderstanding between you and one of the reception staff who tried to explain that in order to arrange a booking using your reward points, you should have contacted directly the Starwood Guest Service as it is for us impossible to fix stays with Starpoints. We are sorry for this disagreement.

As a gesture of appreciation for your loyalty it was granted a preferential rate of Euro 259, that was secured with the credit card provided at time of check-in.

As we are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer to our precious guests and in order to meet your needs, our front office manager - following to your remark at the time of check out - did exceptionally contacted the central Starwood guest service on your behalf to arrange a new reward booking, even if the date was different.

Kindly note that we have duly provided to release any authorisation on your American express ending with numbers ***1008***

We are sorry to learn about any disruption this has caused to your travel arrangements and that your day was spoiled by this unexpected mishap, as we though we have done our best to arrange everything as fast as possible.

We hope our effort and commitment has been appreciated, and we look forward to having you again as our most welcome guest.

We remain with our best regards.

Carmine Ponticorvo