“Exactly what I was looking for!”

L'Altro Luca e Andrea
Ranked #2,027 of 9,009 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navigli
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Personally I held other regional cuisines in greater esteem as Milano's typical dishes. However, this place has a great atmosphere (somehow reminds the movie "dinner rush") inside and mainly outside at the "navigli", Milano's treandiest eatery scene. We had a Risotto alla Milanese and other dishes and they were quite OK, served promltly and unpretentiously. To bad I was too jet-lugged to really enjoy the place, but maybe next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Food was OK, service was unattentive and definitely not kind, while they change 3 euros per person for bread and ‘service’. May I say tourist trap?

Reviewed 15 February 2018

It was busy when we got there at 2000. We were asked if we had a reservation, which we didn’t, but they seated us anyway. It’s a very nice restaurant, the food and wine was very good if a little over priced and they may be a bit too proud of their establishment. Look a little more and you can find the same quality food, and better service, for less.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

we dropped by a sunday for lunch - lucky to find a table! the restaurant was full! but fine waiters, great food, maybe not the most cared for food, but cold cuts starters and Lardo, great, the osso buco fine (a bit heavy though) but all in all fine food in the middle of the tourist trap

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Decided to Lunch here with my partner, as they do a late afternoon service which extends over the usual 2.30pm closure of most places in Milan. As a British ex-pat that's lived in Italy for 20+ years, I was surprised that my fluent Italian was constantly replied to in English regardless, annoyingly stubborn behaviour which always sets alarm bells ringing for me here. I was right to be concerned. After the personnel tried & failed to make us (and everybody else that came through the door!) sit outside, (why would I do that in mid-January?), we were offered a table shoe-horned between 3 others and surrounded closely on all sides. It was late afternoon and most of the lunch rush was well over, so the place was hardly anywhere near full. When we asked to sit elsewhere less cramped, we were promptly shoe-horned / wedged into another corner with one side by a door, within breathing space of another couple, in an otherwise empty room! Great. I gave up trying to get a better seat! After ordering a glass of wine, 1 fizzy water & 2 Spaghetti al pomodoro, that apparently was meant to be wonderfully ' tasty' - we dearly hoped so for 12 euro - we were told there would be a 20 minute wait. Furthermore every request was met with puzzlement & then begrudgment. I asked for a spoon (to eventually eat the Spaghetti..), the girl hesitated with a questioning look on her face. I had to ask twice. The same when lemon slices were requested. "To put in the water?" came the question with puzzled face (again..). Well, what else would they be for?....there was nothing else on the table!
When the spaghetti arrived, the portions were 'measured', certainly not generous. This would not have been a major problem if it had indeed been 'wonderfully tasty' - unfortunately the opposite was true. The tomato sauce was much too salty which basically ruined the dish. It was edible but only just. The last thing I wanted was to wait another 20/30minutes for a fresh dish....in hindsight not sure this would have happened anyway judging by the Manager's general nonchalance & disinterest when we told him the sauce was unfortunately ruined by over salting. Why ask 'tutto bene?' if you don't want to hear the reply? Some kind of sincere gesture like an apology, a concerned face, a discount, would have been the professional thing to do and would have been welcomed by someone like me who clearly wasn't a tourist / eats in a restaurant every day and actually works nearby, therefore ideal potential of repeat business for you? But no... the manager was too busy ignoring our displeasure whilst giving me the wrong bill for double the amount - as if 38 euro for a small glass of (rough) wine, water & 2 spaghetti wasn't already daylight robbery!! The only positive thing about this 'restaurant' is its position. However we made an error of judgement & won't be back. We're certainly not that desperate!