IH Hotels Milano Ambasciatori
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexcellent locationdel corsobooked a triple roomduomo and the galleriashopping areahotel is locatedbreakfast was deliciousitalian stylebus stophotel is perfectlarge roombed was very comfortablehotel staffvisit milanlinate airportfew minutes walkcentre of milan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I enjoyed the fact that it has free Wi Fi in the entire hotel. Also the breakfast was quite rich (judging by the Italian standards of breakfasts)

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't set the temperature in the room, so at night it was quite cold.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2011

In this hotel we spent only two days and i have to say that hotel has ONLY ONE advantage - great location, only 5 min from the Milan Duomo!
This hotel is old, rooms are large but dusty, old plumbing. In the morning I needed a shampoo for my hair - I did not find it, I had to buy it in a store nearby.
Breakfast was modest but tasty.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Air-conditioning didn’t seem to work in the room when we arrived but we gave it the benefit of the doubt as it had not been on, so we left it on a while. It didn’t improve, made a lot of noise, but didn’t make anything cooler. The next day I spoke to reception about it not working and they sent a hotel porter up to investigate. He moved the dial and told me it was working; I disagreed with his assessment and he left. 10 mins later we had a telephone call from reception. When I explained that it was definitely not working he offered us another room. The second room had air-con that was a lot quieter and a bit cooler. The Ambasciatori, if you read the rest of the reviews, seems to have spent at least the last two years having maintenance done. It is still not finished, despite a note in the hotel rooms saying all renovations had been finished, and the builders, assorted ladders and power tools and dust everywhere did not back up this claim. The general decor of the room was dark blue, wardrobe, doors, carpet etc. The carpet was matted and bobbly and you wouldn’t want to walk on it barefoot. The safe in the room needed a PhD to work out how to use it. When booking the hotel wi-fi was an important factor. Disappointingly, It did not work in the hotel rooms. The only place you could get it was in the breakfast room which was off-limits other than at breakfast time and in a small area just outside the breakfast room that had a few chairs, but were covered in dust from the aforementioned builders. The location was fantastic; only a two minute walk to The Doumo. The man on reception during our stay was very friendly and helpful and very knowledgeable about Milan. Breakfast was a good selection of cold meats and pastries and the coffee was excellent. However, this is most certainly not a four star hotel and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HJay75
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is extremely well situated in central Milan, next to the Duomo the shopping street of Vittorio Emmanuele II. If you are just looking for a hotel in the very centre of shopping Milan then you will love the location of this hotel. (there are less than a handful in that area). It was clean a friendly though the hotel should be a 2 star and not a 4 star. Where has it been heard no WI-FI everywhere in the hotel?Of course this is a problem generally of Italy, it seems internet is nowhere available.! The rooms look like they were built a century ago.. And they only have one elevator which takes 2-3 people..Most of the times I had to take the stairs and let me tell you, the reception is not on the ground floor but on the 2nd floor! Still a good choice for a quick weekend shopping spree!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Piazza Beccaria.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed here for 3nights, the room was fine for a short break! and when your in Milan, the last thing you want to do is spend time in your room! The location was excellent! The hotel is a 1 minute walk to Duomo and about 15 seconds walk away from the main shopping area. Breakfast was decent. I would definitely stay here again if I was to visit Milan. I saved a lot of money on travelling around, everything you need or want to see in Milan is a stones throw away!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends