“Great stay ”
Review of Hotel Rafael

Hotel Rafael
Ranked #115 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

New facilities new rooms nice decoration good price friendly staff yet a bit far from transportation thus makes u bait for vampire Milan taxis. Hotel should have a transit solution. Good place to stay loved it. Showers were great peaceful environment. Hated Milano though.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Savas G

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is pretty good, except the beds which are so so, the rest is very good, I would suggest it. The restaurants is pretty good, and the staff is very polite, also it has a hospital very close by which is something positive!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2016

The hotel was affordable, clean and modern, with friendly staff. It is also close to public transport, however it was a little tricky to find. The meals from the restaurant were nice and facilities were good - Would definitely stay here again without question.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We were attending the Grand Prix and found this hotel offered good value for money. The place is as grand as it looks on their website and I'd describe it more of a business hotel than tourist. I assume it's been built there to service the large hospital on the same campus. We wanted to pop out to some shops to get some essentials but had to drive 30 minutes to find a shopping mall.

Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Free wifi, car parking and air conditioning were very welcome. It was also a nice touch having a bottle of water in the fridge to drink.

The front desk staff were very nice and helpful but the bar staff were rubbish. I stood at the bar for a few minutes and caught the eye of a guy washing glasses, he said he'd be right with me. Someone else walked up to the bar and he served them instead. Weird.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2015

I booked a 1 night stay in Milan, 1 night stay in Pisa, and a 3 night stay in Florence for the beginning of my trip to Italy. Due to a flight cancellation, my trip wound up delayed 3 days which wiped out my hotel stay in Milan and Pisa, and reduced my stay in Florence to 2 days. Since it was last minute, all my hotels were non refundable. However, the Florence hotel (Santa Croce) was kind enough to reduce my stay to 2 nights. The Pisa hotel (Hotel Allesandro) was also kind enough to waive my 1 night stay without charging me.

Only Hotel Rafael refused to to work with me, they didn't care about my troubles and flat out just cancelled my reservation and pocketed my money. I pleaded with the travel website that I booked Hotel Rafael. They were powerless to help. They told me the hotel was sticking by their rules and would not budge. I then disputed the charge with my credit card company. Even still, Hotel Rafael fought them to keep my money. Good job showing how heartless your hotel is run, instead of being human you decide to kick a customer when they are down. I hope the $160 you took from me based on a technicality was worth it.

As a side note, Hotel Rafael is far out of the way of where everything is happening in Milan anyway. If I had initially planned better, Hotel Rafael never would've come up in my research as a place worth staying at. Next time I visit Milan, I'll plan ahead and get a hotel much closer to the central part of the city.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
NH Milano 2
#139 of 430 in Milan
#216 of 430 in Milan
Hotel Accursio
#249 of 430 in Milan

Been to Hotel Rafael? Share your experiences!