“Great Find”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Situated in the north of the city, you'll need to get there by train or tram. When we were there they offered 24 craft beers and 8 on draft, and were not expensive. They had a small menu and the burgers were very good indeed. The staff were friendly and offered help on all the beers they had, well worth finding out..

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

As previously written here, this is a small & homly pub.
Huge selection of good beers. Exclent atmosphere and best suprise are the home made hamburgers, that supress expectations.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have visited this bar last sunday. It was my first time. I was there with a friend. The place is enough elegant, not too much, but is on line with the zone in which is located (MIlano, corso Sempione). There is a good variety of beers, all crafts. if you are hungry there is also the possibility to eat sandwiches and wraps (but I haven't tried it,howewer they said me that are very good). The music is absent, or very low, this is a good thing in my opinion (I prefer the pubs in cui I can speak with my friends). there are almost 30 places inside and other 20 outside. the prices are honest for the zone (5 euro a pint of beer). it's perfect for a lounge drink pre or after dinner.
I add, finally, that it is easily accessible by public transport.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

There must be 15 or more beers on tap here. The bar lady helped us choose and had good knowledge of them all. We were never dissapointed.
We ordered a burger each and chips to share - wow we were full!
The burger was amazing, we could see that the kitchen had the mincing equipment there, so they were very fresh too.
It was not the classic Italian night out, but if you've got time to stray from that path a little, then definately don't miss this place.
Open Sundays. Great if your hotel is local.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

There are five different locations in Milan, Italy and I decided to go to the one at Via Losanna 36 because it was closest to my hotel and with 24 taps and 200 different bottles it had the largest selection of beer. We got there early by Italian standards at a bit after 7p.m. and no one was in the bar besides two people working there. Neither of them were able to speak English and since neither of us could speak Italian our communication was limited but the waitress was extremely accommodating in translating and explaining beer and food to us using her smartphone. Most of their draft beers were 5 euro for 40cl which I felt was reasonably priced. I ordered a blue cheese burger with mushrooms and onions on it for 9 euro and my wife ordered a plate of fries for 3.50. There weren't many vegetarian options on the menu for her. We ordered a couple of draft beers to enjoy while we waited for the food. The beer was delicious and the room was filled with rock and pop hits of the last several decades.

I was slightly intimidated by the size of my burger when it arrived! I was a little hesitant to even order a burger in the first place because I often feel burgers are something that most restaurants outside of the U.S. don't really know how to do. I couldn't have been more wrong in this case. The beef was fresh and it combined overwhelmingly well with the messy wonder of blue cheese, mushrooms, and onions. It was hard to bite into it because it was so big but it was definitely worth the struggle! I tried a couple of my wife's fries and they were also really good.

We ordered another 40cl beer and a tasting tray. The tasting tray was 4 euro for 3 glasses of 10cl beer but all of the beers we received had way more than 10cl possibly because they were served in 25cl glasses. We talked and savored our drinks. One aspect of the bar which was interesting was that some of their beers were named after famous people from history such as Genghis Khan, Tutankhamon, Cleopatra, and Attila. There were some other interesting names such as Gasoline Super and Mahogany. The bottle selection was fairly impressive with beers from Italy, Germany, Belgium, the U.K., and the U.S. I think there is something here to interest any beer lover.

During the course of our time there a few people showed up and left but overall it was pretty empty the whole time. It isn't a very large bar and I'm not sure if it could hold much more than 50 people. I had a great time and I would definitely recommend stopping by one of the BQ bars if you are ever in Milan!
I liked everyone of the BQ drafts I tried - Mahogany, Zingibeer, Valchiria (which was my favorite), Cleopatra, Gasoline Super, and Genghis Khan.

2  Thank songoftheeclipse