“Good surprise”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #13 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is quite a charming hotel, with really nice and friendly staff.
Its gorgeous inside! and the breakfast is delicious! The rooms are perfect, and all is very clean. Its also well placed near the city center and the station. I really recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Berna

Reviewed 10 March 2012

at this exactly moment while I am writing this, I am at the hotel having their wonderful free breakfast and using their FREE wifi. Breakfast is great here, it consists of variety of fruit, bread, cake, bacon, cold cut, flan, green beans, (I just got my second plate of) scamble eggs and etc... The waiters here are great, they would come to your table and ask you if you want anything. Fresh squeeze carrot juice and cappuccino can be delivered to your table in minute while your having breakfast...
This is what I can say beside the breakfast - The hotel location is just right across of the centrale FS (main station) with less than 5 minutes walk (it might take a minute or two longer if you get caught at the light). The hotel is in 80 style, carpet floor, cloth walls, 3 people size elevator, but everything is very very clean. Room is a normal size consist of a queen/twins bed, a desk, a very clean bathroom, and spare chairs. There is not much view outside of our room window but I won't complain due to the location doesn't offer much for a view anyway. Did I mention that they offers us all free drink (non-alcoholic) in our refrigerator? ya, during our online reservation, it actually asked what we like to have in our room and we says cokes, water, and extra pillows. And yes, it was all waiting for us before we get in. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. I should say that everytime we passed by the reception, they would ask if you need anything and let them know if you do. They seems they will bend backward if we want them to... :) I just have a very good stay here. With the price that we pay, I would say we get more than what we have expected.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

A couple of gal pals and I went to the Hotel Berna for an overnight stay. It was absolutely freezing when we went in January, so we were happy that it was near the train station, and only a short walk. There was also a subway stop just down the street from the hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful with information and directions. I only speak a few words of Italian, and they spoke English, so that helped. The rooms were basic, clean, and had self-serve coffee and tea. Each of our rooms was unique. Although I had a comfort room, which had a queen size bed, the shower was very small. My friend had a single room with a great big bathroom. That was a lot of fun. The self-serve tea and coffee off the lobby was great after wandering around in sub-zero weather, and the snacks offered at the bar during happy hour were great. If you were on a tight budget, you could have a drink, and just each the snacks. The breakfast was the biggest breakfast buffet I've seen, included in the price of a room. They even had a juicer! When it was too cold to go far for dinner, we asked a staff person where they would go to dinner, as we don't like to go to touristy places, they sent us two blocks away, and we had a fabulous meal. I have already recommended Hotel Berna to friends, and I would return.

Room Tip: There are basic rooms, and comfort rooms. The comfort rooms where a bit bigger. If I was traveling...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Totentanz
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Absolutely delighted with this hotel and it corresponded exactly to the reviews I read. Room was small, spotlessly clean and the breakfast excellent. Staff very gracious. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2012

They make you feel at home Always taking care of you and your necesities.love the personal which is there for many years and you can feel itis not only bussiness it is love for what they do.
I always in Milan go thre that is my home even if somtimes rooms are too small

Room Tip: Breakfast is the best very complete and delicious I love it And it is included
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business