Lowest prices for your stay
USD 231
USD 174
Booking.comUSD 197
Hotels.comUSD 231
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2019

I was a little concerned after reading all the reviews but really liked the location so my husband and I booked in for 8 nights.

The staff was great! We needed ice every day for my husband's knee and they were more than accommodating. When laundry misplaced one of my jackets, they located it and got it all sorted perfectly.

Breakfast was very nice, and if you just want coffee to take to your room, ignore the sign that says you can't do that. I just went down and asked, was given a lovely tray with freshly made coffee and warmed milk. Can't ask for better than that!

Our first room was lovely...looked like the 'gold' one in the pictures on the website. However, there was construction going on across the street and it began REALLY early. Also...be aware that the a/c doesn't get turned on until sometime in April. I can't sleep in a room that is 23C so needed the windows open...which meant you weren't sleeping past about 6 am. After a couple of nights (and they gave me a fan when I requested), I asked to be moved. They moved us into a room that was on the interior and got no sun, but it was cooler and super quiet. It had a separate sitting area and was done very nicely. However, in that particular room there were no plug-ins for electrical devices by the sink so you have to use curling irons etc. in the sitting area.

The location IS fabulous, and will be so much better once the construction on the building across the street is finished and the M4 construction done in front of the hotel. It was about 3 blocks from a metro and 1 1/2 blocks or less for the tram. We walked from the hotel to the Duomo and it took about 15 minutes...and a lot to see on the way!

I would stay there again because it isn't in the middle of the 'tourist' section, and there is so much to see walking any direction from the hotel. It is also about 15 minutes to the canals which offer great dining.

It may not be a true 5 star, but we really liked it.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

I was staying here with my boyfriend for a short stay and from the minute we arrived I did not feel welcome what so ever, there was an older man working behind the front desk when we arrived and he was so rude, frosty and disinterested. When you pay good money to stay in a 5 star hotel you expect 5 star service, nothing about the place was 5 star the only good thing about it was the location! The rooms were clean and comfortable enough but rather dated and the breakfast was enjoyable but don’t get where the 5 stars come from. I suggest people not to waste their money.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

So, receptionists mistreated us (as a family) and were pretty rude (they yelled form one part of the reception to another) and didn’t know how to give directions for near destinations. They also took like forever to find the already done payments and let us leave. Moreover, the hotel amenities’ quality was scarce.
However, rooms were clean and silent. Beds were comfortable and the shower’s water pressure was excellent.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I stayed for a few nights for business and was very pleased with the location of this hotel. A taxi from Milano Centrale cost around 12€ and Duomo, Navigli and other nice places to visit were easily walkable from the hotel. That's pretty much where the positives end... Don't get me wrong, this is an ok - albeit very tired - hotel, but for the price and star rating, I would have expected a whole lot more!

The hotel decor is dated and chinchy. My room faced the road at the back of the hotel but there was not much noise so no problem there. The room was compact and old fashioned, bathroom all marble and walls covered in satin. There is hardly any soundproofing inside the hotel, I could hear everything from next door and the room upstairs, which was annoying. The internet was VERY slow and didn't really work in the room, which was very inconvenient given I was there to work. There was only one socket in the room I could use for charging phones/laptop. Bed was ok, the room was clean.

Breakfast did have a good choice of items available and a big plus was that it was on from 7am till 11am. Service at the hotel was very stonefaced and disinterested, not what I would expect from a 5-star establishment. Getting a drink from the bar was like drawing blood from a stone. It was ok, but only just that - I will stay elsewhere next time.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tiikeri2011
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel is lovely and location is quite ok. You can easily walk to Duomo 2km from the hotel. Room is clean and comfty. But service and staff are not so good. No smile no nothing. Im will not come back to this hotel even hotel is nice..

Date of stay: September 2018