“Tiny portions”
Review of Miyako

Miyako
Reserve with
Miyako is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,741 of 8,980 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Good ripped off on an appetizer - 10 euro - that we did not ask for... Other than that portion sizes were small. 5 euro for fried rice would have been OK if the size was decent... it was not... I will not return.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I have been many times to Miyako. Here the quality of the fish is high, so you can be sure of that. I personally like Miyako's sushi because it is not the type with sweetened rice and they serve the 'normal' type of soy sauce. The only thing I could say is that sometimes the consistency of the rice changes, making it a bit more heavy, and the menu does not have a huge variety. The restaurant has a nice and calm atmosphere, very clean.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had the fortune of stumbling upon this sushi restaurant when most other restaurants were closed nearby for August vacation. The sushi was tasty and the service was super helpful. Would visit again.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have tried many all you can eat sushi restaurants in Milan but now finally I have found my favourite. Here the quality of the fish is higher, the plates more beautiful and the staff friendlier. Also the restaurant itself is very elegant and a bit romantic. The spicy tuna rolls and the salmon sashini they offer are among the best I have ever tried. It is a must to book a table a couple of days before.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had dinner here on a festivity, so the restaurant was full.

Service was prompt and orderly, and food was more than satisfactory - including a couple of interesting options that you seldom find in Milan's all-you-can-eat, average quality Asian restaurant.

The all-you-can-eat option itself, which we chose, may be very interesting at lunch. At dinner, however, we perceived two clear hints suggesting strings attached, a careful focus on minimizing the cost of goods sold, or even worse: a behaviour that practically, if not wilfully, tends to drive customers towards more expensive options.

The option is available at dinner, sure enough, as advertised at the entrance.
The menu we received very clearly suggested to include it - while a specific mention was missing, many expensive items were highlighed in a way that is standard in this town to pinpoint choices that are excluded from the all-you-can-eat option. After a few minutes' decision we asked to order, requested the all-you-can-eat option ... and were given a completely different menu.
This was more than adequate, still I find it a nuisance to waste a few minutes ordering on an irrelevant menu. Even more importantly, this appears to me to be a misleading sales practice, since some patrons intending to have all-you-can-eat could choose to settle for à-la-carte on the first menu instead, to avoid the hassle of reconsidering their order, or the embarassment of forfeiting some courses they had fancied on the first.

What I found even more annoying, in an otherwise quick and accurate service, is that staff - or more likely management - chose to forget one of the plates we asked for in our second round of orders. The waiter had explicitly asked for confirmation when we asked two mixed sushi plates, still she brought only one.

We were hardly hungry by the time we finished our other orders, and still find that having to spend some effort to get what you want spoils the whole experience of eating out.

Next time we are in the neighbourhood and look for Asian food, we will try one of the many other options available.