“Excellent female-run restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I highly recommend the homemade (yam and smoked carrot) veggie burger on the most delicious whole wheat bun. I appreciated the cucumber slices on the burger. I did, however, hold the carrot mayo.

I also love their house salad which included cucumber and seeds. I preferred it the day it was served with sunflower seeds. On another day, it was served with different seeds.

Their vegan bruschetta is delicious; contains fresh tomatoes and avocado; is served on a delicious seeded whole wheat bread.

Very friendly owner and servers; all were female the days we visited. It's always a pleasure to support successful female-run small businesses.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This place is amazing. I was in Milan for work and my birthday fell on a day I had to work. My friend went around to my coworkers and friends and organized a surprise birthday dinner for me for 30 people. This place was beyond expectations as they cater to Vegans and non-Vegans. I am a vegan, they even made a vegan bday cake for me! Exceptional food and service all around. Highly recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I saw their page on Facebook as I was looking for some Vegan Restaurant. I also saw the pictures they were sharing and was very excited to try it. So I went to this place with my friends. My first impression of this restaurant was good because of their waitresses that are welcoming and gentle and also the ambiance inside is comfortable (it almost feels like you are at home or more like they make you feel at home). My friends ordered some vegan Pizza (Pugliese and Delizia) and they said it was soooo delicious. Top! As for me, I ordered Orecchiette and Black & White. I was very satisfied. And take note there are a variety of delicious deserts, "tutto fatto in casa". I would return to this restaurant to try other dishes. It was a wonderful experience for us. I really reccomend this place to all :)

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give this restaurant 4 stars as their vegan cuisine is excellent. But the long wait to be served was discouraging. After half an hour with nothing in sight, they did give me some slices of wholemeal bread - if I hadn't protested it would have been much longer. A pity, the soup of red lentils cooked in coconut milk was exquisite. I would love to go back and try all the vegan dishes on offer, but just the thought of that long wait puts me off. The place was full and there was only one waitress, which might explain things. But half of the time I was waiting, she was folding tablecloths! There is also a full traditional menu with a lot of meat dishes. Also the kitchen closes for lunch at 3pm, and resumes in the evening. The information on line is misleading, as it says non-stop.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2016

La Colubrina is a great little restaurant about 15 minutes from Milano Central.

They offer both meat and completely vegan dishes.

We tried the vegan suppli and zucchini spaghetti with avocado cream sauce. It was a great Change of Pace and felt like the first "non-heavy" meal we had in a while.

We also tried the veal cutlet. It was very large and should be shared.

Overall a great little place that I would recommend for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2016