“Saying it was good is not enough”
Review of La Colubrina

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I saw their page on Facebook as I was looking for some Vegan Restaurant. I also saw the pictures they were sharing and was very excited to try it. So I went to this place with my friends. My first impression of this restaurant was good because of their waitresses that are welcoming and gentle and also the ambiance inside is comfortable (it almost feels like you are at home or more like they make you feel at home). My friends ordered some vegan Pizza (Pugliese and Delizia) and they said it was soooo delicious. Top! As for me, I ordered Orecchiette and Black & White. I was very satisfied. And take note there are a variety of delicious deserts, "tutto fatto in casa". I would return to this restaurant to try other dishes. It was a wonderful experience for us. I really reccomend this place to all :)

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give this restaurant 4 stars as their vegan cuisine is excellent. But the long wait to be served was discouraging. After half an hour with nothing in sight, they did give me some slices of wholemeal bread - if I hadn't protested it would have been much longer. A pity, the soup of red lentils cooked in coconut milk was exquisite. I would love to go back and try all the vegan dishes on offer, but just the thought of that long wait puts me off. The place was full and there was only one waitress, which might explain things. But half of the time I was waiting, she was folding tablecloths! There is also a full traditional menu with a lot of meat dishes. Also the kitchen closes for lunch at 3pm, and resumes in the evening. The information on line is misleading, as it says non-stop.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

La Colubrina is a great little restaurant about 15 minutes from Milano Central.

They offer both meat and completely vegan dishes.

We tried the vegan suppli and zucchini spaghetti with avocado cream sauce. It was a great Change of Pace and felt like the first "non-heavy" meal we had in a while.

We also tried the veal cutlet. It was very large and should be shared.

Overall a great little place that I would recommend for dinner.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We went there for lunch. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our meals (it's good and fresh). They have a lot of vegan options.
The english menu was not the same as the italian one and the waitress didn't speak english but we could understand each other in the end and it was not a problem.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Hi there, the occasion was ready. My friend a very cultivated nutritionist and his husband came in town from Morocco. They are super expert and I wanted to get to a traditional Italian, also vegan raw and biodinamic excluding the michelin starred ones for the moment. She wanted kamut pizza, very excited, but the pizza was not well cooked. Infact it was a bit gummy and not crispy. We both picked sautè di cozze e vongole as appetizer and, it's hard for me to be so straight, the mussels were not fresh and where were the clams? The tomato sauce was overcooked and it seemed the dish was not reay made. I felt guilty twice cause I suggested sautè as a fresh and tasty dish. I foolowed the waitress advice and unfortunately I chose risotto fragole e liquirizia: I was seduced by baldo rice and I mysel cook strawberry risotto at home. I could not eat at all. Maybe it was my taste but the rice seemed to be baldo readycooked like the pilaf quality. Risotto is my dish number one and I come from Lombardy so I know how creamy and tasty and delicous it can be, so I was a bit unhappy. He chose the zucchini antipasto and the zucchini spaghetti. He did not look so happy. Maybe I wiill go next time and try something else but I was a little down. The service is a little attitude, I did not really appreciate. They were not easy going and particularly friendly: I booked one day before and as I walk in, the place empty, the waitress wanted to put me in the back room, whereas I preferred to stay in the beautiful front open window table ready for three. I had to ask her and she was not so welcome telling me: this is reserved: I answered that me too I had a reservation made the night befor for a special occasion. I did not like that attitude, sorry.