“Basic hotel”
Review of Mayorca Hotel

Mayorca Hotel
Ranked #385 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We planned a meeting in Milan at exactly the wrong time, the annual furniture fair. With limited options available close to where we needed to be, the Hotel Mayorca was the best option available.
The hotel is basic in every sense including the level of service BUT in the end, it was fine. Despite the old fixtures and fittings, the dated decor and tired furniture in need of renewal, it served a purpose for the night and we made our meeting the next day.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mayorca Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel on booking.com as needed a cheap place to stay 2 nights before heading to Florence. The hotel does need an upgrade into the 21st century - it does feel like it's stuck in the 80's!!
However, the room was very clean with a large balcony. The shower was powerful and hot which is very important! The bed, though simple, was comfortable and I slept well.
There are a lot of negative reviews on here which I think is unfair. I would not consider it a 3 star hotel but you get what you pay for. You need earplugs to sleep (I was next to a room where the person just watched tv all day and night. Was also next to the incredibly loud lift). There is no air-conditioning. It says it goes on in summer - it's May, to me that's summer. There is free WiFi and I had strong signal. All TV channels are Italian.
Overall, not that bad

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank GemNR91
Reviewed 6 May 2015

i was surprised when i entered this hotel. clearly not refreshed for the last 10 or15 years. towels and sheets are clean but this is almost it... air conditionning was not working in my room. i do not recommend it, even for the price that is not so good...you have been warned

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Terrible hotel !!! someone stole a few things from my room ( belt, jacket , watch, shirt, cardigan - yes, all ), when I went to reception to say that my things were stolen, they told me that it had never happened and I was crazy. And I was almost sexually assaulted at the hotel .
Do not go if you expect to have a good time, because after what I experienced in this hotel, I think it's impossible.

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Gabriela C
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were booked in here by another hotel who could no longer accommodate our booking. We weren't expecting anything flash, as we backpacking and had booked a cheap, but decently rated 2 star hotel. On arrival we thought it looked good, the entry seemed nice. On getting to our room we discovered that this hotel is really outdated and needs an overhaul to get it into the 21st century.
The wall art is jigsaw puzzles that have been framed - a nice idea once they're complete I guess, but a bit dowdy. The décor is stuck in the 80s or something, and whilst it is neutral coloured, it just needs modernising. The bathroom was nice and big, however the part that holds the shower head up was not even there, so you had to hold the shower head yourself while you showered. I don't think that is acceptable, surely it isn't that difficult to fix something like that? It was clean, and soap/body wash was provided. The lighting was really poor though, only down one end, and not near the shower.
I was a bit shocked to see that there was an ashtray in our room. I think it's disgusting that any hotel still allows smoking inside. I really don't want to be breathing in third hand smoke that's lingering in the furnishings.
The bed was also uncomfortable, with a very firm mattress and my partner said he had some springs poking into him (I usually don't complain about firm mattresses, but this one was bad). The pillows were also flat, a bit hard, and need updating.
No free wifi here, but not too expensive (I think it was €1 for 1 hour, €3 for 5 hours, or €5 for 24 hours).
We didn't bother eating here so cannot comment on that. They were happy to hold our luggage for us for a couple of hours after we had checked out. This is close to good public transport links, so not a bad location.
There was Sky tv to watch and a mini bar available in the room, but we didn't purchase anything from that. There was also air con which was good as it was hot outside.
In all honesty I have stayed in hostels (rated 1 star) which are much more modern and comfortable than this hotel (rated 3 stars). It's pretty average, but if they updated it to bring it into the 21st century and fixed things that are broken, it could be quite pleasant. I've stayed in worse places, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this one. The Mayorca definitely needs to get with the times.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple