“worst hotel in the world”
Review of Mayorca Hotel

Mayorca Hotel
Ranked #384 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Terrible hotel !!! someone stole a few things from my room ( belt, jacket , watch, shirt, cardigan - yes, all ), when I went to reception to say that my things were stolen, they told me that it had never happened and I was crazy. And I was almost sexually assaulted at the hotel .
Do not go if you expect to have a good time, because after what I experienced in this hotel, I think it's impossible.

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Gabriela C
There are newer reviews for Mayorca Hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were booked in here by another hotel who could no longer accommodate our booking. We weren't expecting anything flash, as we backpacking and had booked a cheap, but decently rated 2 star hotel. On arrival we thought it looked good, the entry seemed nice. On getting to our room we discovered that this hotel is really outdated and needs an overhaul to get it into the 21st century.
The wall art is jigsaw puzzles that have been framed - a nice idea once they're complete I guess, but a bit dowdy. The décor is stuck in the 80s or something, and whilst it is neutral coloured, it just needs modernising. The bathroom was nice and big, however the part that holds the shower head up was not even there, so you had to hold the shower head yourself while you showered. I don't think that is acceptable, surely it isn't that difficult to fix something like that? It was clean, and soap/body wash was provided. The lighting was really poor though, only down one end, and not near the shower.
I was a bit shocked to see that there was an ashtray in our room. I think it's disgusting that any hotel still allows smoking inside. I really don't want to be breathing in third hand smoke that's lingering in the furnishings.
The bed was also uncomfortable, with a very firm mattress and my partner said he had some springs poking into him (I usually don't complain about firm mattresses, but this one was bad). The pillows were also flat, a bit hard, and need updating.
No free wifi here, but not too expensive (I think it was €1 for 1 hour, €3 for 5 hours, or €5 for 24 hours).
We didn't bother eating here so cannot comment on that. They were happy to hold our luggage for us for a couple of hours after we had checked out. This is close to good public transport links, so not a bad location.
There was Sky tv to watch and a mini bar available in the room, but we didn't purchase anything from that. There was also air con which was good as it was hot outside.
In all honesty I have stayed in hostels (rated 1 star) which are much more modern and comfortable than this hotel (rated 3 stars). It's pretty average, but if they updated it to bring it into the 21st century and fixed things that are broken, it could be quite pleasant. I've stayed in worse places, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this one. The Mayorca definitely needs to get with the times.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were sent by another hotel that had made a booking for us, and were quickly disappointed. The main desk staff were extremely rude; the shower in the room looked like it was 80 years old, and the lighting was poor. At breakfast, since we had been booked via another hotel, the staff refused to let us have breakfast in the dining room; instead insisting that we sit in the entrance lobby where we were brought a coffee and cold week-old croissant. Since I don't drink coffee I asked for a glass of orange juice, and the hotel actually called our original booking hotel to find out if they served orange juice (of course they did - as well as a much better breakfast). Horrible all around, not recommended, unless for its pretty floors in the entrance lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank B H
Reviewed 20 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Clean and very firendly stuff
Very convenient transfortation -- only less than 2 minutes to bus stop