“Great steaks and hamburgers!!”
Review of Da Vasco

Da Vasco
Ranked #24 of 466 Restaurants in Mantua
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Best hamburger EVER!!!!! It was quite big, but it was so nice that I finished it. The waiters were extremely friendly and kind. The service was quick and they had good recommendations for the wine. Everything was very reasonably priced. The food was excellent and we would definitely go there again!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We ordered two Italian beef burgers, Pezzata rosa I.g.t. and Chianina Toscana. They costed about €11, 200g each. They were juicy, delicious and seasoned with different herbs. Appropriate cooked, not too raw nor too old. The Chianina Toscana was softer than Pezzata rosa. Burgers came with fries. Fries were very nice too. There were also beef from other places like USA, Canada, Japan and Scotland. The steak house mainly serve steaks, looks pretty delicious, I would definitely try next time when I have bigger hunger.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

My business partner visited Vasco numerous times and all I heard was Vasco this and Vasco that. Mostly about steaks and some strange yellow custard type dessert.

Well I finally got my turn last week as part of my visit to my friends at Supersprint. They even asked if I wanted to go for lunch there but I said let's save it until the evening when he serves steak.

Steak this evening was courtesy of a Bison. Never had Bison steak but the fillet was soft and melt in the mouth. The sides of mushrooms and pototoes were equally well cooked and tasty.

The yellow custard Zabionne..served with a puff pastry was sweet and sticky. Difficult to describe the taste but it was a nice way to finish the meal.

The service was fantastic as the was relaxed atmosphere. Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Following previous reviews we gave De Vasco a go during our short stay in Mantua. Upon arriving at the restaurant (about 9pm on a Friday evening) we were a little concerned that it was so quiet. There were only two other couples dining and the atmosphere was a bit flat. However, any concerns were banished when the food arrived. We had opted for the Canadian Fillet and as one of the priciest steaks on the menu our expectations were high. The steak arrived on a circular slab of heated Himalayan stone. Perched atop a slice of toast, it was possible to slice into the steak and if you preferred it cooked a little more, you could rest it on the stone which cooks it in milliseconds. This unique stye of service ensures the steak stays warm whilst you eat it without being in danger of overcooking it. I wish other steak houses followed this procedure - as a very slow eater my food is invariably cold by the time I get towards the end! The side dishes were slightly less impressive - roast courgette and aubergine was a little dry but the chips were good and the meat was so tasty we were happy to overlook the veg.

The proprietor recommend wine for the meal - which was delicious and affordable - and we enjoyed ourselves so much we hardly noticed the restaurant was so quiet. I would certainly recommend to fellow beef lovers.

Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

This is a steak house, Italian style. Beef and buffalo of US, Australian, Italian and possibly other origins, in various cuts, well prepared. Probably more unusual for an Italian than an American.
They serve you a small complimentary antipasto while you wait for you main dish.
Typical Italian vegetables accompany the meat. You also get a hot salt rock to heat your pieces on if they cool down.
The wine list is not very long but well chosen and nicely priced (we had a Lagrein from Alto Adige). We ate early and the service was quick and friendly as you'd expect. They speak very limited English.
Obviously, don't go here for a typical Italian meal, but it's a nice venue for a carnivorous interlude.