All reviews central location daily cleaning positive reviews recommended restaurants living area around the corner lovely breakfast old city cristina chora slippers apartment accommodation token host italian residence
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My sister and I visited Mantua (Mantova in Italian) for a three day stay. The Agora is a slightly old fashioned but well kept and very central B&B and is run by the charming Cristina who, as other reviewers have said, is the most welcoming and helpful host.

Wanting separate bedrooms we booked the two room suite with a shared bathroom which suited us perfectly and being given tokens for breakfast at a lovely authentic cafe around the corner was great. All the other customers were locals, either having a quick espresso at the counter before going to work, or more leisurely people like us having coffee and pastries.

Cristina also recommended restaurants for dinner and lunch including the hard to find Quattro Tette. I won't translate as it's a little bit saucy but well worth a visit! The cooking is basic Mantuan food, simple but tasty. But beware, they serve horse meat ('Cavallo' if I remember correctly). Luckily there was a young couple sitting next to who,of course, spoke English and translated some of the menu for us!

For such a small and easy to explore town Mantua has a wealth of riches to explore, especially the Palazzo Ducale and the Palazz Te - both wonderful. You need at least two full days there, if not three.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Everything was absolutely perfect. I spent too little time in Mantua, so I must come back. I will definitely book at the Agora.
TripAdvisor wants me to write more, but quality is more important than quantity.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2016

The residence is pretty and clean and situated in the very city center, close to the major places of interest. Cristina, the lady, who met us at the reception, is kind and careful.
Thank you for the pleasant staying!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We were three couples on vacation and our friend found this B&B which was well situated in Mantua and well managed by Cristina.

She had maps, places to see and eat when we checked in!

Quiet, large rooms and a great value.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Perfect location in quiet street a few meters from Piazza Erbe. Clean, spacious studio apartment.

The daily cleaning service was an absolute treat especially for a family with young children. Thank you Cristina! You are a fantastic hostess!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family