“Beatiful lakeside lunch”

Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Varenna
Price range: USD 24 - USD 73
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ristorante con terrazza immersa nelle acque del lago di Como, gode di una impagabile vista nel centro lago. In cucina utilizziamo prodotti freschi e lavoriamo in prima persona tutte le materie prime.
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Highly recommend this restaurant for a beautiful view, relaxing atmosphere and good food. I had lunch on a sunny, hot day and I was seated on the terrace. I would recommend to order the fish, which was excellent.

1  Thank Oneofthreemonkeys

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant's terrace by the water got crowded at 8pm. The staff were very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. The menu was surprisingly small, though. Only meat were rabbit or chicken. We had bresaola and lake fish mousse as starters. Both were terrific. The bresaola was also a very generous serving. The fish mousse was very artistically and colorfully presented. For main course I had breaded trout fillet (three decent sized pieces) and my wife had pasta with gorgonzola sauce. The trout was excellent, perfectly cooked and nicely presented. However, I wish I had ordered a side dish to fill out. The pasta was also very good. For dessert we had the tiramisu, which was the best tiramisu we have ever had anywhere, and the foamy zabaglioni mousse which was also very tasty. Together with cover charges, sparkling water, and three glasses of wine, the price came to about 95 euros, which I felt was a very good deal, in particular given the spectacular location.

1  Thank UE_DC64
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We had lunch here and were seated on the large terrace overlooking the lake, which was an idyllic setting. The staff were well trained and polite, and the place looked good with proper tablecloths etc. We had the risotto with lake fish, which was perfectly cooked and tasted good. Looking at other tables, the food served to others looked very attractive and appetising, so I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend it

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here on a day trip. Menu really different from others locally. Small select menu, had prosciutto then noodles with pine nuts both delicious then had cheesecake which was superb. Servers were lovely, was one of the best meals on and around Lake Como. Lovely view out into lake too.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Very idyllic location, excellent food and top service. The view on the lake is amazing. Limited choice but all dishes freshly made and with a special touch. For example we had home made tagliatelle with with cacao, excellent.