“Most Magical Place to Stay in Varenna!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
susannama...
New York City, New York
“Most Magical Place to Stay in Varenna!”
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

There is nothing else like it in Varenna! The Villa Monti is a gorgeous family owned historic villa with a breathtaking view that has been beautifully renovated with tender loving care. We stayed at the Villa Monti in the Geranium apartment and wish we had stayed two. I loved loved loved our balcony --- so much so that the attached picture is now the screensaver on my computer. When my day gets stressful, I look at the photo and remember the view and it brings me peace. The balcony felt quite private --- a world onto ourselves. The car park is a short distance away. The beautiful Villa Monastero is just across the road. A walk to town and there are shops, restaurants and cafes. Varenna is a gem of a town --- from which you can take the ferry to Bellagio and Menaggio. Diego is a gracious, gentle and kind host. He got us a reservation to the best restaurant in town, La Vista (1 Michelin Star), on short notice. Delicious! He will also tell you all the highlights of the area. This is not a hotel. This is a rented apartment with a full service kitchen -- and we love that. If you need anything, towels, for example, you ask. I believe if you need mid week cleaning, it would be available for a fee--- I think. We needed towels, not cleaning. I washed my own dishes. I made breakfast most mornings and we ate it on our beautiful balcony. The views from the bedroom were gorgeous too. The grounds are beautiful. There is central air and a small pool. There is good Wi-fi. Oh, it is just a magical place! Thank you Diego!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View! Balcony! Beauty of the property. Quality of renovation. Comfort of the apartment.
Liked least: Lots of stairs though we wouldn't have minded it if it weren't 94-97 degrees outside! It was abnormally hot for this area of Italy.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing