All reviewsnon guestsgardens are beautifullake comowedding receptionfairytale weddingbreakfast roomchurch bellsa lake view rooma special placeamazing viewsenjoy the viewhotel restaurantceiling fanan easy walkhotel du lacdavidebellagio
Reviewed 10 November 2009

We had our wedding reception here 25th May 09 following a ceremony at Villa Balbianello, and truly had the most beautiful day. I wanted to wait a few months and hopefully I wouldn't sound so gushing but I really cannot heap enough praise on the place.

We visited several times before the wedding which apart from being recommended so you can speak to the manager, Davide, and sort out all arrangements is a great excuse for some extra holidays! Davide arranged a great tasting menu for us which helped so much as they have such a lot of choice for weddings - everything we tasted then and indeed on the wedding itself was 5 star - and I am a confirmed foodie... would definitely recommend the fillets of beef in Barolo, all the guests still talk of the food - 7 courses of stunning quality, and they catered for children, vegetarians, vegans and allergies without hesitation.

Guests arrived a few days beforehand and the hotel staff were so helpful, we had arranged welcome packs with gifts for the rooms and it was no trouble for them to arrange flowers for the rooms, co-ordinate with our (also amazing by the way) wedding planner, and organise absolutely everything.

We planned to have the reception meal inside but were so glad we listened to Davide's advice as we were lucky with the weather... the memories I have of sitting down to dinner on my wedding day with all our loved ones, looking over the lake as the sun set will stay with me forever...I am clearly biased but even looking back several months later there is not a thing I would change. All the guests rooms that I saw were lovely, but they were all lake views so I cannot comment on the ones overlooking the road. If you get the chance (and the walk from the bottom of the garden is not problematic for you) book the Villa Magnolia at the bottom of the garden with a balcony right over the lake...romance itself (I haven't told the husband yet but I am picturing many anniversary trips there!)

My summary would be as follows: professional, wonderfully friendly staff, a beautiful hotel in a fantastic setting with great food. I couldn't have asked for anything more and want to thank Cipressi for making everything so special. We hope to visit you many times in the future.

Fondest wishes

Leah & Graham Richmond

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank leinlondon
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Very comfortable room. We had 4 people and had a room with a loft for 2. Beautiful views over Lake Como. Beautiful grounds! Helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My wife & I had our wedding at Villa Cipressi after reading positive reccomendations online and from wedding planners. We stayed a few days before but most of our party arrived the night before the wedding.

From a hotel perspective we have a lot of good things to say about Villa Cipressi. The room we had was great, although as bride & groom we had a suite. The view was breathtaking from the room over the lake with beautiful shutter doors that could be opened up to allow the lake breeze through. The room also had A/C but the temp was confertable without it.
Breakfast was served eother in an open courtyard or in side in the dining area depending on the weather. Choice was more than ample. We would highly reccomend this hotel and town of Varenna which was beautiful and unspoilt.

We also have some comments to write regarding the Hotel Cipressi as a wedding venue. I've stated above that as a hotel it was great. As a wedding venue it was simple out of this world. The gardens were beautiful and the courtyard where the ceremony and the meal took place outside was better than we could even have imagined. The pictures on the hotels website look good but they really don't do the reality any justice.

The stafff were friendly and helpfull in the wedding build up and on the day as well. No task was too much and the Manager Davide as well as Sandra & Tatiana from the staff went above and beyond on many occasions. We found the hotel to be so helpfull during the build up that we didn't bother with a wedding planner (although we had 43 guests this may not be the best route for everyone).

The meal was 7 courses of perfection. I never sampled the resteraunt food but if it was anything like the food they serve for the wedding then it will be 5 star.

We waitied a few weeks after returning so that after the euphoria we could write a subjective review but one month on I can't find a single fault with the service, location, food or the management.

Go to Varenna and go stay at the Villa Cipressi. We are going back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vincent M
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in the Magnolia Suite next to the lake. We had our own private balcony overlooking the lake and private walkway from the main hotel. Breakfeast was good, but mainly the staff were always friendly and helpful. The resturant was good as well.I would recommend this place to anyone. Very good value.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Beautiful hotel right on the lake. Get a room with lake view. Extensive and magnificent gardens. Excellent restaurant and in nice weather you can dine on their patio overlooking lake. Excellent location just as you enter Varenna, and a 10 min walk from the ferry dock, and many restaurants, and bars, all lake side. Front desk staff was intelligent, helpful, and very accomodating. This is a jewel of a hotel on Lake Como.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple