All reviews budget hotel flat screen tv train station room key coffee machine stayed here for one night room was clean buffet breakfast other hotels per night minute walk reception wifi 3km electricity plug 4km
Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Although described as a budget hotel it had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Well almost. Unfortunately there was only one electrical outlet in our room which proved to be a juggle for all the technology recharging. There was no outlet in the bathroom.

We arrived early but were granted early check in. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Our room was very spacious and clean. I could not get the safe to work but I did without that. The bathroom is very big but very little counter space.

The bed was comfortable and there was no noise whatsoever from other guests or the area. The hotel is in a suburban area about 4 kms from the town. We took the number 1 or 6 bus to travel into town. The Como Nord Camerlata station is a 5 minute walk away. We took the train coming back to the hotel.

There seemed to be plenty of bars and restaurants in the area.

Although the location of the hotel is not perfect I'm sure that we would have paid far more if we had a hotel in the middle of the Como action.

At check out staff called a cab for us to get to San Giovanni station. It cost 15 euro.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I traveled here for a 2 night stay in June 2018. Check in was simple and all of our encounters with staff were very friendly. Our room was clean and tidy, but very basic. We have stayed in basic hotels before (this Ibis chain), but this was even more basic than that - no counter space in the bathroom, no where to put your clothes, etc. While this is not a bad thing at all, just be advised. We elected to us the train from Carmalate station (excuse the spelling) for a 2 stop ride to Lavi Como which was less than 5 euros for the two of us each way. I would recommend buying both one way tickets from this station (for your ride there and ride back) as the Como station often had long lines to purchase tickets.

We had a nice stay, but would like to stay closer to Lake Como of budget allows next time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel very clean and tidy and spacious.

Although 4km from Como town centre we used the local bus, stop just along road from hotel next to large concrete sculpture. Bus number 1 or 6 both take you to town centre next to waterfront, cost €1.30, get your bus ticket from shop next to bus stop.

We ate in the large restaurant just along from the hotel. Food was very good and reasonable, also got a discount as we were staying at B&B hotel, just showed them room key.

Parking was limited but if you get there early enough you’ll be fine.

Old town very nice, plenty of places to eat and drink.

Enjoy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CandC-Scotland
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Although my printed reservation said Best Western, we arrived to find that it’s now Hotel Continental B&B. It’s NOT Best Western and it’s a hotel, NOT a B&B. Kind of confusing.

That being said, the room was clean and quiet. Buffet breakfast was a good value. Bed seemed pretty hard, not exactly restful.

Part of the good news is that you can see the hotel sign from the train station. Just walk to the right and you’re there. I’d stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Great place to sleep, wakable (3km) to centre.
We were with teens, they walked back towards the hotel to Njoy WiFi + a pizza bought at a local restaurant close 2 hotel, while we, the parents dwelled alongside the boulevard.

Great combi for us