1,586 results
All reviews infinity jacuzzi lake view comfort room main building half board great pool superb hotel sun deck five minute walk quiet location breakfast and dinner fishing village lounge chairs terrace restaurant restaurant staff junior suite walk into town
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We enjoyed four wonderful days at Bellagio last September. Hotel Belvedere proved to be an excellent choice of accommodation. It is a 5 minute walk (reasonably steep climb) from the centre of Bellagio. We travelled to Bellagio from Varenna by ferry and were met by hotel staff and driven to our accommodation. We had booked a mid range room with a lake view. Room was relatively small and modest however of an acceptable standard. The expansive balcony compensated in part for the smallish suite. Views of lake and mountains were of the highest order. Hotel staff were very helpful and always trying to please. Breakfasts and evening meals were excellent, some of the best we had experienced across Italy. I would have no hesitation booking this hotel on a future visit.

Room Tip: Would encourage you to select a room with a lake view, possibly room at an elevated level
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Mal V
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed for a long weekend, strolled around in Bellagio. The hotel is in walking distance of the tourist places yet it is quietly located

Room Tip: "Garden rooms" actually give onto the local street; lake view rooms have a wonderful view of the lake and the hills/mountains.
3  Thank IntlTramp
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We spent a few nights at this lovely hotel overlooking Lake Como. Our room was on the top floor, and as such, featured two balconies looking in different directions over the lake. The views were absolutely stunning. The furnishings were tasteful and the premises are immaculately maintained. Breakfast is served buffet style, and was quite good. Desk staff are helpful and diplomatic. My only complaint (and it is a small one) was that the "bar" in the lobby is very slow with service. I ordered a capuccino one morning, and waited about 20 minutes in the adjacent lobby area for it. The gentleman behind the bar was busy reading the paper, looking over paperwork, etc. and, unfortunately, never got around to making my coffee before he disappeared. I informed the front desk that I wished to cancel my order for coffee. I went upstairs (4 flights, the elevator was out of order that day) to our room, and shortly thereafter, my companion knocked on the room door to deliver my coffee (which he had carried up 4 flights of stairs). Apparently the bar man was just a little slow that morning for whatever reason, and the communication between the desk and the bar broke down. That is a minor complaint, however, as this was a beautifully situated, well-maintained and friendly hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The top floor room (there is only one, I believe) has two balconies and is highly recommended.
4  Thank eyoungdallas
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Belvedere in Bellagio in October of 2011. We were upgraded to a lake front room. The views were breathtaking. We repeatedly took pictures of the same view over and over again - it never became old. The room was beautiful and spacious; parquet floors, very clean and comfortable. The bathtub was the longest I have ever seen - Luxury! Breakfast was complete and served in a magnificent room with pleanty of sunshine and a view of the lake. The town is a 2 block walk with plenty of restaurants and access to the ferry. We spent the days on the mid lake ferry discovering the towns on the lake.

4  Thank ciao1227
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed fro a week on half board terms late last month following a shorter visit in May.
Excellent all round.Spacious room with large balcony.Pristine housekeeping standards.Helpful reception, particularly given that they are often besieged with requests for assistance! The standard of the meals served in the Terrace Restaurant at dinner was even better than that on show in May and certainly compared favourably with some of the best eateries in the area. Helpful service and smiling staff. A contrast in that respect with the attitudes sometimes encountered at one or two of the lakefront grand dames! The dining room could be said to lack a little atmosphere but what the heck its a hotel dining room not a gourmet retreat. Good choice at breakfast.Immaculately maintained pool and sun platform.Great views.Best of modern hotel standards.One small minus-the hotel computer available for use by guests was extremely slow and suffered further because previous users often failed to log out with inevitable security problems perhaps unbeknown to them! Not cheap but good value in comparison with a few of the other leading hotels in this area.

Room Tip: Superior rooms at the back are understandably less expensive then those overlooking the lake but are also significantly larger than some of the lake view doubles.Get the same view for free all day and evening in the summer from the restarant and extensive pool area !
2  Thank ExperiencedInsight