“Very Good!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Wow what a good restaurant in Bellagio! You do have to walk up the steps up to the top (Bellagio is hilly with lots of steps but so beautiful). The staff was very friendly. I ordered the fried perch, risotto and Parmesan along with a green salad. Delicious with a beautiful presentation. My husband had lake white fish with a salad. He enjoyed his food as well. The waiter filleted his fish right at the table. Be aware that even though the fish is filleted you will still encounter bones.
The waitstaff was very kind and checked with us throughout our meal.
Great recommendation for lunch in Bellagio on Lake Como.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria San Giacomo

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

If you eat here get an outside table. Inside they have a/c but all the windows are open and the a/c is useless. The place was crowded and there was a long wait to eat outside. We chose to go inside to minimize the wait before realizing that inside felt like a sauna.
The food was not fancy. I had stewed chicken but felt it lacked seasoning but that's my personal taste. My husband had the tiramisu for dessert which he said was very good.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is in Centre of Bellagio and does not have a lake view, but the location is pretty. Food was very good, if simple. It's not Michelin star quality, but for what it says it is, it's very good. As to be expected, lake fish are a major part of the menu. Service is very good. NB no reservations are possible - we got about the last table.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Despite the good reviews, unfortunately our experience was not the same.

The service was incredibly slow and when we eventually got our drinks, the red wine was extremely warm.

Two of the three mains were okay, however one of the mains tasted just like tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce. If I had closed my eyes, I wouldn't have known the difference.

1  Thank TheTwoCanns
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Small, efficient, fast service. Good italian home-cooking, plain but delicious. Quite reasonable. Get there early or have a reservation.