“Clean Comfortable and Friendly Stop on the Autostrada”
Review of Ibis Cremona

Ibis Cremona
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cremona
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Clean Comfortable and Friendly Stop on the Autostrada”
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We showed up late night after pulling off the autostrada on a trip from Genoa to Venice. We really wanted a king bed to let our 7 month old sleep between us, but they had none. We got two rooms since we also had my mother-in-law with us. To the front desk's credit they offered suggestions for us and even called some places. We ended up just staying and it was fine. The staff was warm and friendly to us throughout our brief stay.

The hotel was very clean and efficient with a nice breakfast in the morning which was more than adequate. We stayed at some of the nicest hotels in Rome and Venice and this is the one my mother-in-law commented on favorably. As a clean freak, I guess that is a large complement to the Ibis.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank TransCon1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I stayed in this hotel on a 1 day visit to Cremona in March 08. I would have rathered stay in the historic center, but I had difficulty communicating with the hotels in that district (my italian is poor and Cremona is not so tourist saturated that every resident speaks fluent english). This hotel has a nice website with english pages available so in a pinch it was easy to get a reservation planned.

The location is a bit inconvenient for a walking tourist arriving via train. From the train station its about a 1.25 mile walk. The route is walkable with shoulders and sidewalks the whole way. To the historic area it's about 1.5 miles. Visitors with cars should have no problem as there seemed to be plenty of parking available.

The hotel is basic and bland. The room was absolutely without any flavor, but it was reasonably clean and reasonably comfortable. Checkin went smooth. No internet access that I could detect. Staff was friendly and helpful. In my 2 week vacation, staying in 7 hotels, this was the only one that needed to hold my passport longer than a minute or two for checkin - no big deal but definitely something that I noticed. Everywhere else was able to copy the needed info quickly and hand it right back.

Bed was not the most comfortable but acceptable.

Overall, it's a decent place if the ease of an english internet web site for reservations is important, but if I had it to do over again, I would probably try harder to stay in one of the hotels in the historic center.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank angra311
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cremona
1.7 km away
7.4 km away
Cremona Palace Hotel
Cremona Palace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Costa Sant' Abramo

Been to Ibis Cremona? Share your experiences!