See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My parents, niece, husband and I stayed here for a week in September and enjoyed it immensely. The rooms were a good size and we loved our balconies. Breakfast was excellent and the location was terrific, but it was the service and personal touches which made this hotel special. Nothing was too much trouble for Florinda and every member of staff, but especially Luca and Rosanno.Their suggestions and recommendations were spot on and they conveyed genuine interest and warmth. We recommend this hotel highly and wonder if something has changed (these owners are quite new) or whether some previous travellers have had unrealistic expectations for the price they are paying. Santa Margherita accommodation isn't cheap. We are looking forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with as few steps as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Sadly disappointed with this place. Small outdated rooms. The hosts were unfriendly to the point of being rude. Seem to detest children (even well behaved ones). the other point is that the hotel is sited next door to a car bodyworks so it is very noisy. Apart from this Santa Margherita is lovely...just wished we stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank KINGHENRYV111
Reviewed 29 October 2012

In September 2012 my wife and I stayed for 3 nights at the Albergo Fasce and had a wonderful experience. The hotel staff and especially the new owner Florinda helped us whenever they could. The hotel location in Santa Margherita Ligure is just off the center of town with very easy walking distance to anywhere in town and an hours walk to Portfino. Florinda gave us complimentary train tickets to Cinque Terra and lots of good advice as to things to do and how to get there. The breakfasts are made to order by Florinda and they are excellent. When Florinda learned we had an early departure for Lake Como with some tight scheduling she immediately made up lunches for us to take with us on the train.
We would recommend the Albergo Fasce highly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel is tucked away off the main road to everything. Marina is close and train station not far either. Staying 3 nights gave us complimentary train tickets to Cinque Terra which is only an hour away. Room is quite large as is the bathroom for a hotel in italy. Breakfast was great and still served if you were a bit late getting there. I highly recommend for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klk420
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights in May, meeting up with friends who had been here two nights already. The rooms are small but perfectly clean, and the bathroom is basic but does the job. The location is excellent, walking to town, easy to get to Portofino, Rapallo, the waterfront and th Cinque Terra, and close to some excellent restaurants. Breakfast was simple, and Rossano, the waiter, is friendly and sweet. I know there a some complaints about this place but for the price I don't think you can go wrong. For my first trip to this part of town I was very happy, although perhaps for a longer stay I would consider paying more for something more upmarket. Still, highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple