Hotel Stella
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
Hotel Cavour(Rapallo)
View Hotel
All reviewsfamily owned hoteltop floorper dayroom was cleanrooftop terracefamily roomstreet parkingnice hotelwould stay againbit datedhot watershort walklocation is greattwo nightscroissantssupermarketportofino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Nice hotel, very clean, friendly and helpful staff. Bit expensive though! Breakfast adequate. 5 mins walk into Rapallo - lovely town. Fireworks were amazing!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We had the whole top floor and terrace to ourselves. The room was clean, linens and towels were fresh each morning. Great location for a short walk to the waterfront or to the city for lunch, dinner or anything else. Helpful staff helped us with any questions we had. Great hotel and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for 503! Great views and your own terrace!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We recently stayed in Hotel Stella and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. The hotel is in a great location, only a very short walk away from the seafront/harbour (and for less cost). We found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating. The hotel is extremely clean, our room was cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels. The aircon was also very good. We had the benefit of Room 50 which is amazing! Try and get this room if you decide to stay here, it is on the top floor and has the benefit of the terrace with amazing views of Rapallo! The breakfast, included in the room price we found was very good. It is basic and consists of croissants, breads, cereal with jams etc but there is plenty of it with fresh coffee and tea.

Overall I highly recommend Hotel Stella as a place to stay if visiting beautiful Rapallo. It is not 5 star luxury but then you are not paying the price for 5 star but I do think it is very good value for the location and the area!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I never had such a bad experience in any hotel!

I booked a double room in Hotel Stella Rapallo for the 1st of May, an unusually busy period, so there was not much choice. I confirmed my booking twice and sent the staff my credit card details. When I arrived, the very aggressive and rude old Italian lady ignored my reservation saying she had no rooms and that there was a mistake on my side. She was also pretending to be the hotel manager while later I learned it was not true. However, as I printed everything, the manager had to admit the mistake was made by them. However, he said all other hotels within the area were booked for that night and after calling them for about 30 minutes and letting us wait, they concluded we should stay at the house of the receptionist. As we had no choice, we had to accept this. Despite long arguing with the manager and the rude old lady, no financial compensation was offered to us.

Although the staff was arguing that this is the first time such a mistake happened, it really did not seem to be such a rare situatiuon as the same problem happened to a Japanese lady when we were still waiting at the reception!! So it seems that the hotel is just ignoring all reservations and works on a first come, first served basis and eventually charges all parties as I read in a previous review.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lara23
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights on a little trip to Rapallo. The staff are really friendly and give you a professional service with a smile. Even the dog that lives outside the door is friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean and good and the hotel is a stones throw from the main bit of the town. They have parking at the back of the hotel if needed.

All in all a great little place!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)