Portofino is a tiny village, very upscale. The hotel
is situated at the port and the front opens on to it.
The views are extraordinary. More important,
you are at the water and there is no sea wall.
The family that owns and operates the hotel
is efficient, friendly, and nice to become acquainted with.
In November, most of Portofino is closed for the
winter and thus the hotel rate of Euro 100 for a night
is a bargain. If you enjoy crowds, come in the summer,
and people watch, yacht watch, and pay dearly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portofino: the little piazza with its quaint features, the sheer cliffs above an emerald sea, but devoid of sandy beaches. In the heart of these surroundings stands the ALBERGO NAZIONALE. Here you will enjoy occupying one of the 12 double rooms ncorporating bath, mini-bar, telephone, TV, central heating and/or air conditioning; in short, everything to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay. You may also be fortunate enough to occupy a room offering a splendid view of the harbour.Breakfast is provided; the hotel is served by the Restaurant "da Nicola", in which is possible to order a la carte the best specialties of the Ligurian cooking based on fish and superior quality ingredients. Lunch and dinner can also be taken in any one of the many well-known restaurants encircling the piazza.Family management by the proprietors dates back to the early 1900's and their experience ensures an atmosphere of friendly and unpretentious hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Albergo Nazionale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Nazionale Portofino
- Albergo Nazionale Hotel Portofino