“Fantastic food, services and prices”
Review of Vai O Resti

Vai O Resti
Reserve with
Vai O Resti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 473 Restaurants in La Spezia
Price range: USD 12 - USD 35
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We had the stuffed mussels, seafood lasagna, sea bream and king prawns. The mussels are tremendous and the sauce exceptional. King prawns were fresh and cooked perfectly. Seafood lasagna was excellent and something unusual. Sea bream fresh and was cooked perfectly. Terrific service, nice wine and a quality tiramisu for a price that I considered a bargain.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We were not at all disappointed. Loved the platter that provided tastings of all 5 appetizers --each one was fantastic! Really enjoyed my fish dinner--best meal I had in Italy and my son and husband also enjoyed their dinners. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Glor56
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

With a fairly high rating on TA we thought we'd try this place for seafood on out last night in Italy. My fiancé ordered the fried prawns and squid, which were terribly overcooked and flavourless. I had the tuna that was bland, thin and overcooked. Both came with a plain flavourless salad.

I'd recommend against going here. For a few Euro more there are many much better seafood places in town.

carlo s, Proprietario at Vai O Resti, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

During the last two weeks It seems I can't cook anymre, or maybe off-season tourism isn't suitable to my restaurant. Everybody does his own considerations.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We are not a pretentious crowd and usually it’s easy to please us - not this time.
I don’t understand why it is rated so high in trip advisor. The service was fine but the kitchen is not even close to a usual Italian seafood restaurant. Maybe we don’t understand it but it was one of our worst experiences in Italy.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

A great place overall. Didn't' find anything wrong with it. The waiters were always incredible nice and welcoming. I'll admit we had quite a few requests. However, they were always happy to help and left us with a magnificent impression. The food was good. Presentation was varied. In the end, the price was ok, didn't blow anything out of the water but it was't particularly expensive either. We got what we payed for.