“The best pizza in town ”

Pizzeria Restaurante La Lanterna
Ranked #34 of 491 Restaurants in La Spezia
Price range: USD 7 - USD 35
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I visit this restaurant every time I come to La Spezia, to eat pizza. This place is not either fashionable or chic, but you will find a very good pizza served by friendly & smiling waiters/staff.
Restaurant with both indoor and al fresco dining. The menu offers starters, pasta, sea food dishes, meat courses and pizza, but according to me pizza is the signature dish of this place (born as a pizzeria years ago, as far as I know).
Pizzas here are very good, from the simple "Margherita" to the ones topped with several yummy ingredients. The pizzas' ingredients are fresh and, even in the most complex pizzas with lots of toppings, ingredients are always well balanced.
I loved the "Spezzina" pizza with mozzarella, pesto/basil sauce and parmesan flakes...so yummy!!
The only issue of this restaurant is the parking place...so hard to find one!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This restaurant is very nice. Apart from pizza it serves also traditional Italia food. We ordered sea food and fish and it was fresh, hot and delicious Children enjoyed pizza.
Prices are ok, the only downside is that aircon is not great, so it's a bit warm in the restaurant (might just be our luck)

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The food at the La Laterna was great and Classic italian. The waiter missed a few things, but it didn't matter because of the great and friendly service she gave. The food was served quickly and was well cooked and warm. I would definitely recommend this place to others, who are looking for great, simple and Classic Well-tasting italian food :-)

1  Thank Smilla J
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick bite and had a pleasant stop. My wife had the insalata in crostini which is a salad in a pizza crust very good. I had the farcito calzoni which was great but too small for me.

Also this was one of the only restaurants that charged us coperto which added 3 euros to the bill.

Not great but not bad.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel as it was just down the road. We received a pleasant welcome, ordered pizza and a half litre of house red. The service was excellent as was both the pizza and wine. There was a steady flow of customers which shows its popularity. The prices are fair and in fact we visited later during our stay.