“Focaccia experience at its best in Genova.”
Review of Il Focone

Il Focone
Ranked #1,000 of 2,078 Restaurants in Genoa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

If you are in Genoa and have no time to get to Recco for the original "focaccia di recco" just go to Il Focone.
Excellent focaccia col formaggio, excellent pizza and a wonderful terrace to enjoy a summer view on the sea.
If the sea is rough like it was when I last visited then there is no movieshow that can compare to this view. You would just watch the waves all evening, just hoping that no wave hits your glass of wine.
Excellent value for money, courtesy and efficient service.

There are newer reviews for Il Focone

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Our hotel recommended this restaurant but we were rather underwhelmed by it! The service was fair. We had seafood..... my cold seafood starter had warm prawns in it, and my husbands
seafood platter looked as if it had been thrown together. One gets the feeling that either they don't care or that they can't cope with numbers (they were not fully booked!!) ! It was our last stop in Italy and we wanted a tiramisu before we left ...... disappointing when I know I can make a better one at home!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

A little restaurant located on the beach. Very nice sea view. The food is not great (what I eat). I was not so happy about my pizza with sea food, the reason 1/3 of the sea shells was closed this means they where not fresh. Why did they put them anyway on my pizza?. The prices are medium. You're choice if visit or not the location. Coperta 3 euro/ person I think it is a little bit higher for a place like this, with plastic chairs.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We had dinner on the terrace, excellent view across the sea, a little bit of wind. Very good menu and the quality of the food was outstanding: be it pasta, pizza, salad. The service was quick, the prices ok. What is missing to be rated excellent? Lower and/or drop the €3 for the coperto (at least for kids per person. Finding parking space can be difficult.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

We had a great time at Il Focone. The view at sunset was fantastic from our balcony table. Had pizza and salad which were good and very reasonably priced. Also had a liter of house wine. Service was attentive and after dinner he brought two Italian (shots) drinks to sample which was unexpected and nice surprise. Amazing to watch the waves crashing right below and the cruise ships sailing on the horizon. Would recommend for simple meal with great view. This was with one night stop in Genova. Restaurant was recommended by AC hotel.