“Simple Convenient Local Cheap”
Review of Antica Sciamadda

Antica Sciamadda
Ranked #184 of 2,260 Restaurants in Genoa
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Very small place just off the main strip opposite a pharmacy.
It is basically a selection of quiche type things however Italian style. So spinach and cheese. Potato. Socchi a chickpea sort of pancake thing. Zucchini. I can't remember them all but a bunch of tarts laying around basically. There were also some deep fried tempura looking vegetables and battered fish as well. And a very thick soup thing. I think the latter is a local version of minestrone.
A few chairs and a bemch inside but not much of a eat in place more grab n go.
No idea on the pricing. Its very laid back. He asks how much you want him to cut off each thing and then it all gets weighed together on a scale. I bought 3 good portions of tart and it was 7 euros.
He also seems to speak a bunch of languages and is a freindly guy taking the time to explain every item.
I had heard from another person that this place was great and I found it to be different to expected (I was expecting french quiche) but I feel there is something about this place.
I will certainly be going again.
One thing i'm not sure on is things like soup and battered fish, whether they are served hot or not (all my items were served cold)... I don't think they are. It's bery local and certainly not trying to be fancy which I think is the whole attraction for me.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

This place sells Genovese specialties like farinata, different pies and focaccias made in antic ovens. They are super nice and according to my local friend if you want to try real traditional dishes this is the place to go. It was delicious.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

First night in Genoa, we walked around the port area and found this great little place. Umberto the owner was really friendly and told us about all the different foods that were on display. We don't speak Italian but he speaks some English and we managed nicely.
We chose a selection (all vegetarian that was available but I think he makes meat based food as well) and it was all delicious! Total was just EU10 so this was great value. The shop is wonderful, a real bit of history. You should definitely go and find this place, it's well worth it.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

If you want to have a fast traditional lunch this place is cool. Can chood pies, fries and farinata to take away.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Great place to 'snack' Genovese style offering all types of savoury pastries and local foods. Check out the times of opening though!