“Absolutely amazing food experiences”
Review of Le Cantine Squarciafico - CLOSED

Le Cantine Squarciafico
Price range: USD 36 - USD 108
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I would dare say Squarciafico is my favourite restaurant in Genoa!
I have been for the first time back in May, when they celebrated their 20th anniversary of their first opening, and again last Saturday for a birthday celebration.
In both occasion the food was amazing, they offer typical dishes of the genoese cuisine, but in a very sophisticated way.
During the anniversary celebration they were serving tastings of the most popular dishes, so I could savour many of them.
I would definitely recommend the Lobster Taglierini, where the piece of lobster is very juicy and fresh, the Gnocchi with Shrimps, the Chianina Hamburger, the Tartare, the Octopus and the Rossetti. Basically I do recommend anything on the menu.
My very favourite however is the Millefoglie dessert, so creamy and delicious!
I have to say, the prices are medium-high so be prepared, but it's definitely worth every cent!
The staff is also very friendly and helpful and looking forward to making you enjoying your meal. The restaurant itself has a lovely atmosphere.
Now I am looking forward to the 14th February as I booked for Valentine's dinner, and definitely I can't wait to see the menu!

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Beautiful settings and excellent food are to be enjoyed in the ancient cellar of an awe-inspiring building just a few steps away from the St. Lorenzo cathedral. Very busy at lunchtime with Genoese gourmet professionals. Don't miss their cappon magro.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

A superb evening for our group with a highlight of superb sea bass each artfully filleted and presented and brought to the table flambé.
The other courses were just as good and just as authentically locally sourced.

A definite recommendation.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Probably the best food of our 2 week trip - and certainly not the most expensive. We went for a wedding anniversary dinner and then again later in the week. Whole fish was interestingly presented and exceptionally fresh. The salad was delicious. Plenty of choice of wine. Lots of large groups and couples eating on both nights at busier times of the year I would recommend booking. The staff were a bit stressed on our second visit but service was still excellent - not a place to hurry through your food take your time between courses

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I already visited this lovely place some years ago: I remember I found it very nice but still a little bit emprovable for the high level it wanted (and could) reach. We returned a couple of days ago to celebrate my birthday and took back an excellent experience.
Ambient is veeeery well finished: from the starting point of a beautiful cellar they got to mix with very good taste some extraneous elements, probaby not everyone will love it. Service was friendly and good, but the top was the diner itself: We had some oysters as a starter and lobster linguine; oysters were definitely fresh as they should be 8this is always our worry with oysters...) and pasta had perfect cooking time and generous portion of a wonderful tasty lobster. We didn't risk experiments on wine and got the Lunae Vermentino which made a perfect coupling. We skipped dessert but closed the experience with a wonderful 20yrs old rhum, that came with its right dark chocolate. The bill was absolutely in line with our choice dishes. Personally, I'd recomend Squarciafico without any esitatation!

Date of visit: September 2015