All reviews his wife steep hill the owner cinque terre delicious croissants train station rooms are clean hotel is located big bags would definitely stay here again an excellent host prior to arrival breakfast was included beautiful town bottle of wine the room was nice mini bar
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We stayed at this family run smaller, friendly hotel in Riomaggiore. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is up the Main Street from the train station so it is not on a main thoroughfare and is quiet and quaint. Enrico and his wife Maria are most welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was delicious. I had forgotten to bring an adaptor for Europe for my electrical devices and Enrico found one in his desk that he loaned to me. We stayed for 2 nights in October.

Room tip: There are only perhaps 8 rooms, each with a patio. We stayed on the top level at Enrico’s choice.
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018

This hotel was very clean and in a great location. Enrico, the hotel owner, was very pleasant and gave me some great tips on hiking, shuttle buses and anything I asked of him. The breakfast in the morning with cappuccino was a great way to start the day and the little patio outside the hotel room was a great way to end the day. I would definitely stay here again upon visting Cinque Terre!

Room tip: Take the shuttle bus to the hotel or take the longer walking route as it's quite a hill to conquer hauling luggage!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed four nights here, slept like a log ( so quiet at night), breakfasted handsomely ( fresh fruit, so welcome), enjoyed a quiet moment or two on the little veranda attached to the room and followed lots of the tips of the great guy who runs this hotel with his wife. Every tip was a winner!

I should have followed his advice to wait for the bus to come here - instead set off from the station with my way too heavy case in the midday sun! Don’t do it if you like me have big bags!

Without bags it’s a good hill up and down into town but you quickly get used to it and find the shady spots.

I booked a suitcase van service to go back down. Just ask at the recent toon the day before for them to book.

This is a great place to stay. It’s basic and all you need. Spotlessly clean, very quiet so sleep comes, great breakfast included, WiFi and very warm and welcoming service.

I’d come back for sure.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SusiP916
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to stay. Room is large and comfortable. Wonderful to have a terrace, we sat outside each evening and enjoyed the beautiful weather. There is a partial view of Riomaggiore which was lovely. The host was very friendly and gave us lots of helpful advice for our stay. Also his advice on finding the place (which is high up a hill, if climbing with luggage I recommend going the gentle slope option!) was clear and concise. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, with excellent coffee.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Though not fancy, this hotel is extremely well located,very clean and i had no complaints at all.The owner, Enrico, as reviewers say, is super helpful and he and his wife lay out a great breakfast in the morning and make you feel like a valued guest.from check in to check out, our stay was lovely. The room had everything you needed plus a very large terrace with table and chairs and lounger. It was fabulous to chill at the end of the day on the terrace which seems to be a rarity in hotels in the area. Though our room was way on top of steps and the hotel itself is up a hill, Enrico helped with our bags and the walk up the hill was voluntary - there's a shuttle from town if you need it. I recommend this hotel and village; authentic town in cinque terre where locals live and is less touristy than the others.

Date of stay: July 2018