“The best gluten free pasta dish ever!”

Hostaria alla Tavernetta
Ranked #9 of 452 Restaurants in Udine
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2015

I will go to my grave remembering the white truffle pasta dish I had at Tavernetta. I know the owner made the dish with gluten free pasta as a special favor to me and to our host. I am so happy he did. The buttery pasta was toss at the table and the white truffles were shaved over to top. Their fragrance filled the room. The same dish made for my companions with the regular pasta was probably even better, but to me, this was the best pasta dish I have ever had. When can I return????

Reviewed 30 November 2014

The best restaurant we have eaten in... Have eaten on different continents in different countries and the food and hospitality was the best...from starter to desert, wine, huge chunks of chocolate with coffee and tea. Best twist on a tiramisu ever with wafer thin biscuit on top, fantastic creme caramel.
My husband is allergic to gluten, soy and nuts and his food was as beautifully presented and tasty as the rest of us. The owner and his wife were on hand shuffling between tables to answer questions etc. the waitresses were very obliging and the level of English spoken was good.
Cannot recommend this place enough..

Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

The food is absolutely incredible. The wine is super good.
Really a place to go when you stay at UDINE.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

We have dined in many places in this world and this was a real treat. The owners have an outgoing personality that keep the place buzzing. Seemed to be filled with well healed locals.
Creative preperation and quality ingredients makes me wonder why this is not top in the city.

Fellow dinners steak was as soft as butter and my orange pasta with tuna was amazing. If you can't be happy here, you shouldn't be eating!

1  Thank john b
Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

Went 2 times fantastic setting, food and hospitality. The owner works very hard to stop by every table and make you feel welcomed. Loved it will return