“Delicious dinner in Trieste ”
Review of Osteria Ai Maestri

Osteria Ai Maestri
Ranked #17 of 931 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The dinner was perfect from the starter until the dessert. Very good value for money. The waiter is very careful and gentile. The location is also very nice. I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It is very nice small restaurant with good sea food. They speak in english. Dor lunch for 2 with starter and wine we paid about 70 Euro

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

It is the only time so far that I write a review without tasting the meals but I am forced to share this dreadful experience. We booked this by phone a day in advance. The host was nice to mention that unfortunately all seats inside are busy and he can only offer outside table but due to a forcasted rainy weather advised to call up the next day to confirm or cancel. The next day The forecast didn’t improve so I called to transfer for a day after and booked a table inside, just in case of changing times. All was set. Coming the next evening at a set time we got caught by coming rain on the way. At the entrance of osteria the was a grouo of people glass in hand, amassed under the marquee. As we checked in there was a visible hestance amongst host and other personal. They started setting a small table on the passage way by the bar and to my astonishment mentioned that it was for us. It was very inconvenient and looked like they were doing it to accomodate some unexpected guest. When I pointed out that there are plenty of tables set for two inside and none is occupied, the answer was that they are accomodating a bigger party who was intially seated outside but wanted to chnge due to the weather. I was flabbergasted and tried ti explain that we were booking a table well in advance and shouldn’t be discriminated in favor of others who decided to change disposition on the spot. Then there followed a nasty scene. The lady owner started to shout at us that we don’t understand, that they hadn”t expected the rain, that she’s closing the shop immediately and that she’s had enough. This inadequate reaction was the last drop so we decided to leave immediately. It might be a bad day for this lady and I am all complacent but not at my expense and even without a slightest attempt of excuse. Never again at this place.

10  Thank NelsonKot
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Found this on my own while spending a day wandering and exploring Trieste. Sat at one of about a half-dozen outdoor tables on a bright, sunny Spring afternoon, and had a simply wonderful lunch. One of my best meals during 12 days all over Northern Italy filled with superb food. Started with spectacular canestrelle, tiny scallops in their shell, followed b y a wonderful fresh pasta, with a light tomato sauce filled with great scampi. Washed down with an icy Menabrea Biondo, my favorite Italian beer. The chef and the waitress could not have been friendlier or more attentive to my comfort and food. Bravo!

1  Thank Golomblaw
Reviewed 22 April 2018

When searching for an Italian restaurant close to my hotel while in Trieste, I found Oseria Ai Maestri on Trip Advisor. it's a small restaurant located on a small side street, which at this time of year also has outdoor seating with 10-12 tables. The chef seated us outside and told us of the assortment of items available as appetizers and entrees. For our appetizer, we shared a delicious platter of two sizes of scallops (in their shells) that had a sprinkling of fresh buttered cracker crumbs which seemed to have been quickly baked or broiled. Our entrees consisted of fruits de mer with a light tomato sauce on fresh pasta that absorbed the delicious flavor of the sauce, and fresh swordfish in a light tomato sauce on fresh black pasta which absorbed the delightful flavors of the sauce and swordfish. The house white wine complemented our choices, and we finished our meal with grappa and dark chocolate. The chef was delightful, as was the hostess, who checked in with us to inquire as to whether all was well.
This restaurant is a must!!

2  Thank Kathi B