All reviews hotel restaurant two nights minute walk beautiful view old town san marino donatella tickets balcony
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Booked into Hotel La Rocca for a one night stay with 2 kids. We booked a standard room. And it was really standard. A double bed with bunk beds for the kids. The decor was really bright and simple. A very clean room. We were happy with it.
The view was fantastic!
The service was good. It's a hotel restaurant. The reception is operated out of the restaurant downstairs.
Breakfast was good. Very basic but just what we needed. Coffee, cereals, bread and cold cuts etc.
I would recommend this hotel. It's not expensive. Great for young travelers.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Donatella A, Proprietario at Hotel La Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Donatella.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a fantastic two nights at Hotel La Rocca for our wedding anniversary, staying in 104. I had booked a double room which didn't specify a balcony so I was delighted to get one. The room was lovely and clean, and far better than the 2 star official rating would suggest. It had all the little things that a lot of places lack that I think are important - excellent soundproofing, many charging sockets, great water pressure, good hairdryer, and quiet aircon. I found the bed and pillows perfect too, I like both to be firm and I slept so well I woke up thinking I was in my own bed! Having read other reviews we parked easily in lot 6 and got two days worth of parking tickets for €4 a day at the hotel. Hotel was a very short walk from the car park. Amazing location, it was great to wander about knowing we were never far from our hotel if we wanted to pop back for something. Breakfast was fair, not a huge selection but that leaves more room for pizza, and again the view from the restaurant where breakfast is served is amazing. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as we prefer to eat outdoors. I'm amazed at the value for money of Hotel La Rocca, I think if you spend any more on a room in San Marino you're throwing money away as the view, the cleanliness and comfort of the room and the fantastic location make this everything you could want or need. It made for a perfect and memorable anniversary. The only thing that could have improved our stay was some balcony furniture. As it was we used the chair from the room and were brought a second chair promptly when we asked for one.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ailsabm
Donatella A, Proprietario at Hotel La Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi I'm really happy that your anniversary in San Marino was unforgettable. Thanks Donatella.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing and breathaking views both from restaurant and also from hotel room. Staff is amazing and excellent service. This is the best hotel in san marino and surely the best value for money! Also close to centre and shops.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Donatella.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The view from the room is wonderful, make sure you ask for a room with a balcony. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. The only issue I had, is that the bed is really hard, but that's just a personal preference.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

You won't find a nicer welcome and better service in a 5 star hotel! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a very clean very friendly place to stay while in San Marino with spectacular views and the restaurant within the hotel was amazing

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple