Everything was better that I expected. Starting from the comunication with the host until the position of the apartament and the level of confort.
The flat is really nice, you have everything you need for a few days, very clean and quiet. The terace is great for evenings, and the garage is perfect for not having any worry about your car.
I will definetly choose the same for my stay place when I will return to Bologna.
Upon entering Hillside, I felt un pó self-conscious because the apartment felt luxurious for a week-long stay. If Bologna feels healthy because, in questa città, men and women work and the city feels a bit gritty, then Hillside would be an undeserved retreat for me. Flooring: immaculate. Bathrooms (plural): smartly designed. Kitchen: Aesthetically on point and nicely functional.
Rosella herself made my stay extra-special because she demonstrated keen interest in my safety and well-being. When there was a minor (yes, minor) mishap with the clothes washer, Rosella personally attended to fix the electrical snafu and helpfully provided instructions to avoid that inconvenience.
Highly recommend a visit to Bologna via Hillside. Now that I am planning a different trip, my appreciation for Hillside is stronger still. Where is the Hillside in Vigo or Oviedo, Spain?
A few suggestions:
1. For Bologna Centrale and MAMbo, il autobus is nearby and fast. From Hillside, the bus stop is one block away, across the main street.
2. For caffè, skip the places nearby and cross the main street. First up is a Spanish restaurant that serves Attibassi and tasty pastries.
3. For breakfast on Sundays (since I found many places on the streets near Hillside are closed on Sunday), if not dining comfortably at Hillside, you might try La Tavola Fredda.
4. For all other days, Le Sorelle and Colazione di Ty sono favolosi (!)—for breakfast, lunch, or il aperitivo.
5. If the toilet keeps running, don’t panic. The valve is just a bit stuck. Bang your fist right below the big buttons (say, once or twice), and the valve will catch.
My husband and I had a great stay at this hillside apartment. It was clean, quite and comfortable. Great location - close to shops, dining and attractions. Rossella that owner was a joy to work with and very helpful. We would highly recommend and would stay again.
*very nice Italian couple,introduce everything to us in details with caring.
*spotless clean. I could not find any dust or even a single hair.
* elegant and caring interior design. I took photos and would get inspirations from the decoration.
This is a beautifully furnished apartment in a lovely area. The owners have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable. A really great place!