“Great little hotel”

Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
barcelona
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was an excellent find - thank you TripAdvisor! Great wifi, super rooms, yummy breakfast - and a cappuccino with "good morning" hand scrawled in the milk on top! Doesn't get better than that!

The only downside is the location , slightly out of the way.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your great feedback. I was really pleased to read your great comments about your recent stay with us.
I hope that you will came and stay with us again soon when I would like to personally welcome you back to The Aemilia Hotel.
With My Best Regards

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during a trip around Italy.
The front desk staff were incredibly charming and very helpful. The room was big enough though not big but was clean and nicely furnished.We were on the 5th floor with a view towards the towers. Breakfast was plenty, a buffet which was replenished often and had hot and cold choices.

A little out of the centre but a nice 15 min stroll, I would happily stay here again

Room Tip: Room 518 on the 5th floor has a great city view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosieMeadows
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm very please to read your overall positive feedback on your recent experience at the Aemilia Hotel .
Looking forward to welcome you back again someday soon.
Kindest Regards

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for six nights at the end of March and chose this hotel based on previous reviews and what appeared to be good value for money.My experience was that I could find nothing to fault with the hotel except perhaps the subjective assessment of accessibility to the centre of Bologna.
The service was outstanding with Beatrice at reception and Walid in the breakfast room deserving special mention.Nothing appeared to be too much trouble and every request was dealt with speedily and with a smile.I arrived on Saturday evening to find that my request to the travel agent for a room with a vasca di bagna ratherthan a doccia had not been complied with. Unfortunately, the hotel had no rooms with bath-tubs available at that time but assured me that one would be available the following day.By ten o'clock the following morning we were able to move into such a room that was not only larger than our previous room but also had a wonderful panoramic view of the city and even the Sanctuaria di San Luca.
Apart from one 5 star hotel in Brussels, I have never experienced a larger selection for breakfast anywhere and the attentiveness of the waiters was exemplary with Walid providing an excellent lead- although they must learn to keep track of the elusive portauova! Coffee was good and fresh and most days the orange juice was perfect although I am not sure that the juice on the last morning was fresh; I suspect it may have been reconstituted on that one day.The boiled eggs allowed one to see what good quality they were with beautiful deep coloured yolks although on some occasions they were hard-boiled rather than soft yolked as I prefer them.The whole breakfast experience was first-class with cutlery. glassware and crockery gleaming as were every surface and the noise level was peacefully low except one morning when "Happy Birthday" was played very loudly to everyone's obvious pleasure- well done Walid!
Our room was immaculate and the cleaner managed to clean on two occasions while we were at breakfast so we returned to a room that was both immaculate and tidy; a nice touch.The location of the hotel was not that convenient for the centre of town but it was in a very peaceful suburb which felt very safe at night after having returned by autobus.The fermata for l'autobus linea 14 was only five minutes walk away and the journey to the centre took about eight minutes on a service of frequency six per hour until the evening when it reduced to four per hour. I never waited more than twenty minutes for any autobus and that was from a distant suburb at 2200 so my own assessment would be that, on balance, the location factors are a matter of personal preference.The extensive and efficient autobus service with a Giornaliero ticket costing only four Euros means that the distance factor becomes less important.
At the end of my stay, Rio,the front of house manager seemed genuinely interested in my opinion of my stay and I was happy to tell him how much I had enjoyed what his hotel had given and that I would be glad to pass on my thoughts in a review for Tripadvisor which seemed to please him greatly; I feel that he deserves no less.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a wonderful panoramic view of the city
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very very much for taking the time to leave your great feedback! I was really pleased to read your great comments about your recent stay with us.

With My Best Regards

Kortrijk, Belgium
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Excellent price-quality ratio. Located a little away from the city center. ‘A little’ means an enjoyable 15 minute walk through authentic Bologna. Rooms are not really romantic. No frills, but clean and well appointed design rooms. Floor carpets could be cleaner here and there (check 4th floor corridor). Staff is friendly and very efficient. Breakfast (included in the price) is ok, but might offer more vegetables for our taste. Wifi also included in the price. No in-room movies, only Italian channels (boring!).
This hotel is an excellent choice if you have to be in Bologna for work. Want romance? Go to another city…
Just one final remark: how is it possible for a hotel of this category that garbage collection takes place early in the morning, waking up half the building, due to one or two – excusez le mot – idiots who really think they should make as much noise as possible? I am willing to explain to hotel management how this can happen without making any noise!
Anyway, we decided to give a nice and well deserved four stars after all, mainly based on staff attitude and service. Congratulations!

Room Tip: Book a junior suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
S. Wales
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed there for a weekend in March and chose this hotel because of previous comments. Unfortunately, there is a lot of subjective judgement here and not everything was as rosy as described. Start with the positives, staff are very good and speical mention should be given to the Maitre de for his helpful service and knowledge of wine. The hotel is clean and very welcoming, the restaurant serves very good food so if you ever decide not to eat out, it is recommended. The hotel is easily accessible from the airport and it is in a quiet residential area, about twenty minutes from the centre. there is free wifi and the rooms have ample space (just) and the beds are very comfortable.
On the not so positives, the cleaners start cleaning rooms at 8am and the noise they make is beyond belief as the sound insulation in the hotel isn't great, they bang the doors and the hoover against hard surfaces so if are trying to stay in bed a bit more, you can forget it. Mind you, it is dependent on vacant rooms in the surrounding area of yours. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, very basic and the coffee, for Italy, is below average. There is no fresh orange juice which to me is a big mistake given the fact that Italy is a major producer of oranges. Most of the cakes were more than a day old and only the pastries were fresh. There are no coffee or tea facilities in the rooms, although there is a coffee machine by the bar, which is free. In our room we had three hangers between the two of us so most of our clothes ended up in drawers. Finally, whilst the location is a plus, it can also be a minus as every time you decide to go out, you have a twenty minute walk or a taxi ride to add into it, not everybody's choice.
Overall, the hotel is good, by no means deserves an excellent rating but I would be happy to give it a very good. I can't accept that this hotel is the second best in Bologna, so I would leave it to other travellers with more experience of the area to judge.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for take your time to leave your comment at the Aemilia Hotel.
Our cleaning staff starts after 09.00 am,I think that the noise that has disturbed it came from a nearby room.
Let me apologize for the inconvenience and I hope to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards